Author Topic: Young man positive response  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Young man positive response
« on: August 17, 2022, 12:48:36 PM »
I have been shaving on and off since March 2020 and since commiting to the goal of being a lifelong shaver since may of this year I have gotten so many positive comments from folks I didn't before. I look the same but my confidence is higher and I feel free which must come off too.

If you have a nW3 going on 4 like me just grab the razor and be free. To quote men's wearhouse you're gonna like the way you look, I garuntee it.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Young man positive response
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 09:39:35 PM »
Looks good off of you!,

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 09:48:12 AM »
Looks good off of you!,[/L]

Thank you I kept seeing the steady progress to a NW4 and I just no longer had any urge to grow it. I grabbed the  for the last time and took it all down. Bought myself the leaf before that and used it for the first shave of the rest of my life of bald. I love it, I really do. I can't imagine myself with hair anymore really.

I wish I'd done it sooner but I think I needed to really see why I needed to commit. Also it's much cooler in Florida and I've even had guys ask me to help them take the plunge and I've helped them too.

I definitely fired the barber except for my beard trims when it's an important meeting etc.

I love being bald

Sent you a message with the barber in Tampa @Semi-Sly  look forward to seeing you in Florida.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:50:18 AM by Thathawkguy001 »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 01:41:49 PM »

I wish I'd done it sooner but I think I needed to really see why I needed to commit.

Knowing that there is no way to return makes it easier to accept the change and move on.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »
I like to acknowledge other head shavers when I go somewhere. Usually the bald guy head nod, but with younger guys, I try to give them a compliment. Maybe it helps their confidence.

Last Sunday at a car show, I was chatting with a stranger when he brought up he lost all his hair when going through chemo years ago. He said he liked it so much he has kept it shaved ever since. He had no clue I had a shaved head too, until I took off my hat. We had a nice conversation about our shaving routines, and both agreed how great it is to rock a baldie haircut!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 04:38:43 AM »

I wish I'd done it sooner but I think I needed to really see why I needed to commit.

Knowing that there is no way to return makes it easier to accept the change and move on.

I recently found that some light patches I had forever are now bald patches or very close to it so it's definitely no going back

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 01:23:41 PM »
Looks good, I was an NW4 in 2004, I made the commitment to shave and I didn’t want to go through with it but I went through with it, I have
 No regrets now

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2022, 08:32:52 PM »
Looking good dude!

One of the many perks of being bald is your style runs with genetics. Some patches of hair I used to have once I started shaving are gone, and now it's just an easier shave.

I shave everyday. Any stubble/hair just feels gross, and I couldn't imagine it anymore.

I also agree I wish I had done it earlier. 29 was good, but 27 would have been better. I'm 36 and got mistaken for 27 the other day.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 07:54:26 PM »
Looks good, I was an NW4 in 2004, I made the commitment to shave and I didn’t want to go through with it but I went through with it, I have
 No regrets now

Yup I have no regrets taking it off for good this year felt fantastic. Definitely pretty much pushing towards a NW4 sooner than later I'm at a 3 right now so pretty much knew I should just shave it off on the regular in July I just hit that point where I was at peace with it.

Looking good dude!

One of the many perks of being bald is your style runs with genetics. Some patches of hair I used to have once I started shaving are gone, and now it's just an easier shave.

I shave everyday. Any stubble/hair just feels gross, and I couldn't imagine it anymore.

I also agree I wish I had done it earlier. 29 was good, but 27 would have been better. I'm 36 and got mistaken for 27 the other day.
I'm 32 and yeah I get confused for 27 bald. I shave every other day and use a foil in between to keep it fresh.