Author Topic: Lack of reactions these days  (Read 2055 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Lack of reactions these days
« on: August 07, 2022, 11:02:50 AM »
Have you guys noticed that there is seldom any reactions to a shaved head anymore? When I first shaved over 9 years ago, I would get a comment once in awhile, or you could see someone giving you an extended look. I guess bald heads are so common now, nobody cares. I actually liked having an uncommon /edgy style. I don't think a shaved head will go out of style anytime soon, with guys of all ages sporting baldie haircuts.

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Lack of reactions these days
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 11:24:50 AM »
True, I cannot even remember the last comment I got about my shaved head.  I comment more to guys that still have hair in a style I like, often telling them that I am working on getting to their hairstyle.

OTOH, I still get a few beard comments, but not nearly as frequent as 5 to 10 years ago before larger beards came into fashion and became more common.

I think I liked it better when both were less common, now people just assume I am following the crowd.  I like to consider myself starting both before they were "cool" and popular.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 02:29:33 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 01:26:22 PM »
I don't get reactions these days.  My friend and neighbor always has something to say but if he doesn't have something to complain about, he'll invent something to complain about.  For the most part, his opinion doesn't count for much because he'd complain even if I let it grow.  Anyway, no reactions here!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 07:28:22 PM »
No reactions at all around where I live.  Shaved heads are pretty common these days on men of all ages.  My observation is that a lot of young guys have decided to get the jump on MPB and shave as soon as their hairlines start to recede.  Also, the shaved head/full beard look seems to be in vogue with younger guys here.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 05:49:13 AM »
The last comment I got was a couple months ago at the local home improvement store. I was talking to an employee in the plumbing department with a great looking shaved head, and a guy walked by, looked at us and asked if we were related. I said, no, we go to the same barber.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 06:51:30 AM »
 :*))

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 08:10:49 AM »
The last comment I got was a couple months ago at the local home improvement store. I was talking to an employee in the plumbing department with a great looking shaved head, and a guy walked by, looked at us and asked if we were related. I said, no, we go to the same barber.

I have made similar comments to young guys with shaved sides and back, with hair on top (an undercut).  I say we must have the same barber because we have the same haircut, shaved on the sides and back.  My top just needs to get longer. :)
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 08:16:25 AM »
Not really,once in a while I receive comments or weird stare,is still uncommon see young men sporting shaved heads where I live.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 08:35:26 AM by Barbero Pelón »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 09:35:25 AM »
It’s become a more common look. On top of that, the longer you wear a shaved head, rhe more used to it people around you become so they stop commenting on it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 12:41:42 PM »
Just imagine what it was like for Yul Brenner and Telly Savalas  back in the 60's. They attracted some beautiful women though. They truly paved the way for acceptance of shaved heads. I'll bet they would be surprised how common their favorite hair style has become.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 01:05:10 AM »
When I first shaved my head back in 1995, I was living in Tel Aviv. No public figures had shaved heads, except for 1 or 2 musicians.

I had a short, dark beard, and people would cross the street when they saw me coming.

Now, they are so common (along with beards) I can't go outside for more than 5 mins without seeing a shaved headed/bearded guy.

Many public figures have shaved heads, including members of parliament, etc. And it's almost a given that the shaved head comes with a beard, even on ex-military.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 12:05:44 PM »
I’ve been bald long enough to where none of my friends say anything about it.  I think shaved heads are so common now that strangers don’t give me a glance

Enter your email address: