Author Topic: Changing things up again  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Changing things up again
« on: June 14, 2022, 10:29:10 PM »
Well after three years of keeping the shaved had I decided to give the high tight and brutal horse shoe flat top one more try especially now that the scout micro pigmentation is underneath it and might make my hair look a little fuller.

What guess what horror of horrors the only guy who can cut my Flattop the way I like it cut told me today that he’s moving away like the tens of thousands of other people this year he’s playing Illinois and he’s moving to Indianapolis Indiana so now what shall I do?

Also decided to lower and fade the friendly muttonchops beard

Also decided that since I’m getting so old I better finish the tattoos before I die so when ahead and finish the arm sleeves and now we started on the front torso what do you think?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:54:41 AM by Razor X »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Changing things up again
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 05:20:00 AM »
@Semi-Sly , the flattop looks pretty good! And the dark color makes it look fuller too. Good luck with your search for a new barber.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 05:30:09 AM »
It sucks when people quit or move away.  Two of my doctors quit, one of them got cancer but is still practicing.  My dentist retired.  My hairdresser...well...is out of a job because I cut my own hair to the skin.  Well, good luck!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 06:33:09 AM »
The new style looks great on you @Semi-Sly !
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 10:28:28 AM »
Looks good , mean really. Over all impression , look like a guy I would not like to meet in a dark alley. lol  >:D
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 11:02:44 AM »
The haircut looks great. Amazing how different you look with hair. You look great either way. I’ve always liked the flexibility of having some hair and then being shaved. Love not being defined by my choice of style.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 12:01:48 AM »
Love the haircut... that's a favorite of mine...

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 11:51:49 PM »
Before he left my old Barber gave one of his other guys pointers on exactly how to cut my hair so I went there today and the guy did a really good job almost as good as my old guy but what I didn’t know is that that we did buy buddy leave the shop and leave it to be managed by someone else he raise the base price up to $40 a Haircut so that means it’s Haircut with a tip is 50 bucks twice a month it’s gonna be a pretty expensive to maintain the flattop!

Well it is only about 3 months before I go back to Florida and then….. who knows?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 05:43:31 AM »
Wow! That's really spendy for a haircut. Luckily, when I wore the flattop I could cut it myself. Barbers are still under $20 around here, but if the were $40+, I think alot more guys would chose to shave it off.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 10:54:34 PM »
Yes even one of the young guys who comes to me as a private customer pointed that out to me this week and I hate it when young people have to tell me that as a guy on a fixed income facing some of the bills and facing that that’s just silly to spend $100 a month on haircuts!

We’ll see what happens when I get back to Florida haircuts are much cheaper there and if I can’t find somebody who doesn’t decent Flattop for me and then maybe I’ll hook up with one of you guys and you can do the honors to make me sly once again!

There were some Cuban barbers down in South Florida where are used to live Who could give me a Cuban haircut called a “Parisienne” Which is a lot like some of the French foreign legion guys wear, but I’m moving up to Parrish Florida and I don’t know what if anything is around there

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2022, 05:10:49 AM »
@Semi-Sly , good luck in your search! I think the best way to find the best barber is to ask someone that has a great looking flattop. Last year, I saw a guy with the most perfect grey flattop I've ever seen. I went right up to him and asked who his barber was, and it was a gal at my local barbershop!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 06:52:56 AM by reddog »

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 07:44:51 AM »
Haircuts have gotten expensive. It’s easy being bald or wearing a buzzcut … it’s all DIY. But todays hairstyles requires a good barber. If I had a nice full head of hair I probably would be spending the extra money on a haircut.

I’ve seen some pretty good flattops on guys with thinning hair. I’ve thought about it but not sure if it’s worth the money. I grew my hair over the last couple weeks for the first time in over a year and I’ve lost quite a bit of hair during that time. Last chance at a flattop or just shave it???

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2022, 12:15:19 PM »
Haircuts have gotten expensive. It’s easy being bald or wearing a buzzcut … it’s all DIY. But todays hairstyles requires a good barber. If I had a nice full head of hair I probably would be spending the extra money on a haircut.

I’ve seen some pretty good flattops on guys with thinning hair. I’ve thought about it but not sure if it’s worth the money. I grew my hair over the last couple weeks for the first time in over a year and I’ve lost quite a bit of hair during that time. Last chance at a flattop or just shave it???

You really don't know if you don't try.  I did that a few years ago, and again when Covid started.  I have almost nothing left on top, So a flat top is out for me.  There is a guy I see at the gym, likely a little older than me, that has almost no hair remaining on top.  He appears to be sly, until you see him up close.  He keep the sides shaved, but allows what is left on top to grow.  I guess you could call it a High & Tight, but it is just fuzz on top.  And really, it does not look bad.  I think if he did not keep the sides shaved it would look bad though.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 11:34:36 AM »
@Razorhead , I would love to grow my hair back long enough to have a barber cut it, but two things always stop me. After two or three weeks, either I break out in the dermatitis on the back of my head or I see a few guys with a great looking shaved head and want to razor mine super smooth again! The only way I know how to cure the dermatitis is to shave daily.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 05:02:23 PM »
Yes even one of the young guys who comes to me as a private customer pointed that out to me this week and I hate it when young people have to tell me that as a guy on a fixed income facing some of the bills and facing that that’s just silly to spend $100 a month on haircuts!

We’ll see what happens when I get back to Florida haircuts are much cheaper there and if I can’t find somebody who doesn’t decent Flattop for me and then maybe I’ll hook up with one of you guys and you can do the honors to make me sly once again!

There were some Cuban barbers down in South Florida where are used to live Who could give me a Cuban haircut called a “Parisienne” Which is a lot like some of the French foreign legion guys wear, but I’m moving up to Parrish Florida and I don’t know what if anything is around there

Well you know I'm in Gainesville area and can travel hopefully towards when you come on back to FL.

Enter your email address: