Author Topic: Hobbies!  (Read 2147 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Hobbies!
« on: June 14, 2022, 04:28:59 PM »
During the warmer months I spend most of my days puttering around the yard, mowing, edging, trimming and the usual yardwork stuff.  So what does everyone else do beside shaving?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Hobbies!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 06:13:21 PM »
@clint902 , same here, love yard work and gardening. I have a 65 El Camino that I take to cruise ins a few times a week. Less this year with gas prices and 10 mpg!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 06:48:37 AM »
Yard work.  While I do like to do it, here in the deep south, I only get a few weeks break, usually form mid December to Mid February.  And if we have a mild winter, there may not be a break.  So, it is a weekly task from April to October.  Usually by November I can switch to once every 2 weeks.

I do like cruising in my car (Porsche Boxster), and I also like doing home remodel projects, but I have not found much time for that since I am working full time again.

Otherwise I have become somewhat of a gym rat.  I enjoy my trips to the gym around 4 times a week.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 05:24:38 AM »
Ya know, when I was working, I had tons of hobbies and the last thing I thought about was my yard but now days, I spend a lot of time in my yard and not much else.  If I ever tried going to the gym, they'd probably kick me out(they don't want me to bust a hip).  Well, I do the best I can but I'm not as young as I used to be.

Online buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 12:22:17 PM »
My girlfriend and I enjoy car camping but it's the "Van Life" type. I'm rebuilding part of the sleep platform in my Ram CV so it can switch back and forth between couch and bed without too many moving parts. It will just end up being a simple swivel with stops built in so the backrest will only incline so much. But we took this van around Lake Superior a few years ago and slept in it all but 2 nights we were on the road.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 11:41:25 PM »
When I’m not shaving my head or working, I’m more than likely playing golf. I’m an 8 handicap and trying to get better.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 11:56:41 PM by MoonageDaydream »