Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2845 times)

Offline bdubs19

• Learning the way of Sly
Introduction
« on: June 13, 2022, 03:42:05 PM »
Hey, y'all!

My name is Blake and I am 21 years old. I'm currently in college studying Music and Spanish Education in MN. I have always kinda wanted to try shaving my head, but have always been afraid to try it due to fears of not looking great and comments from my family. I'm hoping some of you will be able to help! Here's a photo of my current look!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 04:03:59 PM »
Hi Blake, welcome to the site! Nice flattop. I'm not sure you would like a bald head, but there is only one way to tell. Like we often say, it will grow back. How a out trying a high and tight horseshoe flattop. You would be close to bald, but with a military look.

If you decide to shave it, it will grow back enough in about 3 weeks to shape it into a flattop. Good luck.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 04:20:42 PM »
I agree with red if you decide to shave it’ll grow back in 3 weeks. Before you know it. Right now is a great time to get bald because it’s heading into the middle of summer. I think you’d look great but there’s only one way to know.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 04:23:04 PM by Thathawkguy001 »

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 03:45:49 AM »
Welcome.

You can do it on steps. What about have a horseshoe flattop?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 07:36:53 AM »
One way to get family and friends to be less shocked is with short cuts that progressively get shorter.  So the flattop is a good idea, and then you can take the next step with a short buzz.  After they are accustomed to seeing you with a short buzz, a head shave is not that drastic.

Also, if you just want to try it for yourself, if you are away from family at college, give it a try when you know you will not be seeing your family for 2 or 3 weeks.  Hair typically grows at a rate of around 1/2 inch per month.  So two weeks of growth after shaved could be like a #4 buzz cut.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2022, 04:25:04 PM »
Hi Blake!  Well, you look good the way you are but if you're having that itch to shave then you really shave and don't like it, you can wear a hat!  In about a week without shaving, you hair should be about 1/8 inch which is about the length of the sides of your scalp right now.   Shaving isn't for everyone.  Some shave because they have to, have alopecia or have nasty looking hair like I do.  While others shave because they want to(easier to wash the hair etc) I don't have much of a choice but trust me, my natural hair looks nasty so I just shave it.  Well, anyway, good luck with your decision!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2022, 10:46:27 PM »
Hey, y'all!

My name is Blake and I am 21 years old. I'm currently in college studying Music and Spanish Education in MN. I have always kinda wanted to try shaving my head, but have always been afraid to try it due to fears of not looking great and comments from my family. I'm hoping some of you will be able to help! Here's a photo of my current look!

Blake you’re 21 years old and you’re certainly old enough to determine how you want to cut your hair!

Got to get sh*t ain’t gonna go away until you scratch it!

You can always do what I do wear a horseshoe flat top half of the year and shave your head half of the year change is good!

But remember our 30 day rule if you do choose to shave your head you must commit to keeping it shaved for at least 30 days why because you make a freaked out when you first do it and then just make a reactionary decision to let it grow back right away if you let it go for 30 days somewhere between 14 and 30 days your brain will form a new mental image of you and it will just seem like a normal Haircut to you if at the end of the 30 days you really don’t like it and prefer to go back to the Flattop then you’ll be making a reasoned decision instead of an instantaneous reaction.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 10:58:20 AM »
I agree with folks here you are old enough to decide. I also think you aren’t going to be satisfied until you scratch that itch.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 02:19:37 PM »
Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.