Author Topic: Looking back -April 5th 2003- the day I took the plunge and went sly-  (Read 1818 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
Around March of 2004, I started noticing first signs of Fallout, a decade before I saw the Seinfeld episode where George got the toupee, I joked saying if I lost the hair I would maintain a razor shaved head that looks like Mr. Clean, at the end of March of 2004 I was so insecure, I had a barber appointment on April 5th 2004, I told the barber I wanted my head shaved, I had a mullet, I was clipper shaved first then the barber brought out soap and a brush and a bowl, I was lathered up, then a straight razor was brought out, My head was shaved four times with the straight razor, twice with the grain and two times against the grain, the rest of that day I was getting head rubs , I was completely smooth I knew that night that there was no turning back.
It took three years for me to overcome the insecurity
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 03:47:10 PM by fcb2001 »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Around March of 2004, I started noticing first signs of Fallout, a decade before I saw the Seinfeld episode where George got the toupee, I joked saying if I lost the hair I would maintain a razor shaved head that looks like Mr. Clean, at the end of March of 2004 I was so insecure, I had a barber appointment on April 5th 2004, I told the barber I wanted my head shaved, I had a mullet, I was clipper shaved first then the barber brought out soap and a brush and a bowl, I was lathered up, then a straight razor was brought out, My head was shaved four times with the straight razor, twice with the grain and two times against the grain, the rest of that day I was getting head rubs , I was completely smooth I knew that night that there was no turning back.
It took three years for me to overcome the insecurity

Welcome to the board @fcb2001

Look to see if you have a photo of that mullet so we can see how you started.
SlyBeard