Author Topic: Bald wanna be's  (Read 4143 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bald wanna be's
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2022, 01:15:57 AM »
I was a bald wanna be long before it became a trend to shave your head at first I only did it on fundraisers and then I would let it go longer and longer periods of time alternating between the shaved head and the flat top but now every time I see a guy with a beautiful shaved head I wish my head was shaved and every time I see a guy with a really sharp flat top I’m really really envious so I’m never happy!

I will say this though as I become an old man it seems like every old man in Florida has a shaved head but it’s not by choice so I just look like every other old man unless I let my hair grow and force tmy chemo hair to make one last stand as a flattop.

But I would be happy to stick with the bald head year round if only I didn’t make me look like just everybody else there’s no edginess to the bald style when you live in Florida!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2022, 06:02:57 AM »
@Semi-Sly , it's a little different here. Older guys are less likely to shave it all, I think they're just stuck in a rut, and wear baseball cap all the time. Most sly guys are in their 40's or 50's. Yes, alot more shaved heads now, and I also wish it was less trendy. I think people in general are getting much more at ease commenting about our haircut, had about 3 this week.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 05:28:03 PM »
I had never really gone for a buzzcut before I was in college I had it to a 4 but that was as close as I had gone. I had a bad haircut and ended up going to another barber and he ended up buzzing my dirty blonde wavy hair to a 3 to even it out then I  bought my own clippers  ... that night I buzzed off to a 2...then 1. I decided that I had to try bald but wanted an excuse so I did st baldricks and let it grow out a bit. March of 2020 I sat down and had the barber take the trimmers and razor and get rid of it all. Like reddog I go back and forth but like him also I see a bald guy and get the itch. Usually though I keep shaved in the summer and grow it out in the winter. However that depends on if it keeps receding or starts thinning bad. I prefer the bald during summer. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 06:01:43 PM by Thathawkguy001 »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2022, 08:46:01 AM »
I had never really gone for a buzzcut before I was in college I had it to a 4 but that was as close as I had gone. I had a bad haircut and ended up going to another barber and he ended up buzzing my dirty blonde wavy hair to a 3 to even it out then I  bought my own   ... that night I buzzed off to a 2...then 1. I decided that I had to try bald but wanted an excuse so I did st baldricks and let it grow out a bit. March of 2020 I sat down and had the barber take the trimmers and razor and get rid of it all. Like reddog I go back and forth but like him also I see a bald guy and get the itch. Usually though I keep shaved in the summer and grow it out in the winter. However that depends on if it keeps receding or starts thinning bad. I prefer the bald during summer.

Why do you choose to grow it back in the Florida winter?  I am in South Louisiana with similar winter patters to Florida and I keep it shaved year round.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2022, 10:43:44 PM »
I prefer it that way in winter

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2022, 08:37:53 PM »
I was one, looking at guys thinking I could never pull it off...

Now I shave my head everyday, have for years, lol.

I too went back and forth with a buzz cut for a few months. i wish I had buzzed my hair when I was younger, and then I could have gone bald more seemlessly.

I think it's incumbent on us to encourage any guys on the fence. This board helped me with that when I was just lurking.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...