Author Topic: thinking about shaving my head  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Iggy49802

• Learning the way of Sly
thinking about shaving my head
« on: April 11, 2022, 05:34:32 PM »
 I have  a full thick head of hair that has a lot of colic's.  Been thinking about shaving my head. I like the look of a shaved head. Thinking about taking my head / beard electric shaver and shaving it all off and then with a razor finishing the job .Not sure what you think ?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: thinking about shaving my head
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 07:50:08 PM »
I doubt that someone on this page would say that is better keep that hair intact.

Go for it! Is a great experience feel a freshly shaved dome and looks manly.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 04:39:08 AM »
I agree with Barbero! We will all say to shave. A bald head is just a nice easy look. I suggest keeping the beard at first. Going clean shaven with the face and head may be a lot to get use to at once.

If I had your thick hair, I’d get a horseshoe flattop first though. Hahaha. My hair is to thin for a flat.

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 05:19:10 AM »
We all have shaved heads here, so we are all going to encourage you to shave yours too if you’re interested in it. If you’re really wanting to go bald, go for it! Post a pic here when you’re done, and keep it shaved bald for 30 days so you can truly know if you like it.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 06:21:44 AM »
In my experience, when a guy posts such a question here, he really does want to shave his head.  So I suggest you go for it.  It is only hair, and if you really do not like it shaved, it will grow back.  Though I do suggest you keep it shaved for 30 days.  We find that the initial shock sometimes (most times) will make a guy not like it at first, but that shock will wane in a few weeks and then a guy can look at his reflection in a mirror and develop a more objective opinion.

Expect family and friends to be shocked as well, and you may (will) get some ribbing.  That is an initial shock reaction as well.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 10:03:06 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 06:55:19 AM »
Well there is only one way to find out, by shaving it and keep it shaved for 30 days. If you don't have hair clippers, I suggest you find a barbershop that does a straight razor headshave. It's quite an experience!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 08:56:40 AM »
The weather is warming up.  It’s a good time to shave your head.  After spending some time in the sun, my head is getting a nice tan.  Be careful and use sunscreen.  Skin that’s never been exposed to the sun burns easily.  From the looks of your picture, you have maybe a couple of months worth of growth at the moment.  I had a full head of hair when I first shaved.  After going back and forth a few times, I’m committed to staying bald.  I also have a head full of cowlicks.  I have to shave in several directions to get mine smooth.  Good luck with your decision. 

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 08:45:14 AM »
Sure!  Why not shave it off?  If you don't like it, it will grow back incredibly fast.  I might take awhile for friends and family to get used to it then you'll get used to seeing your reflection in the mirror but you'll never have to worry about combing your hair before leaving the house and showering is a breeze because washing the hair is the most time consuming.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 10:36:50 PM »
Go ahead and scratch that itch!  After all, it’s just a haircut it’s not a tattoo!

You owe it to yourself to try it - but remember, in order to give it a fair try,  and not overreact the next morning, you have to promise yourself that you will keep it nice and cleanly shaved for 30 days before deciding whether or not do you want to go to your hair back

Offline Iggy49802

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 11:51:51 AM »
Ended up shaving my head. Ended up with a shadow and went as close as I could with the razor . I guess It is something that I am going to have to figure out .

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2022, 12:05:23 PM »
Congratulations, it looks good!

Yes, with your thick head of dark hair, you will have a shadow. Try some different routines, and razors and you might get closer. Just be careful not to get razor burn. It takes a few weeks for your scalp to toughen up and get used to shaving. Getting some sun will make the shadow less noticeable too.

Ok, so how do you like it? Let us know what kind of reactions you get. Welcome to the bald brotherhood!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 12:30:10 PM »
You bald head looks great! Welcome to slydom. Feeling the smoothness is addictive. It’s the best part about shaving. How does it feel to let go of all of your hair?

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 05:05:36 PM »
Looks good!  But a little sun will help the shadow because as the skin gets darker, the shadow seems to blend in better.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 05:23:25 PM »
Looks great, how did it feel to shave  all your hair off and get rid of it all ? Love the beard.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2022, 12:39:14 AM »
Ended up shaving my head. Ended up with a shadow and went as close as I could with the razor . I guess It is something that I am going to have to figure out .

Well you already know that looks great!  What is the other guys of all said the big question is how does it make you FEEL?
Does it make you feel good about yourself because you took control of the situation that you change something that you could change but maybe were Just a bit afraid to do?
Does it make you feel empowered?
Does it give you a bit of that “Uber Male” feeling?
REally - tell us because I think all of us Who have done this have filled one ormore of those feelings!

What are some of the reactions you have received people who are close to you?  Did any of them surprise you? 

Enter your email address: