Author Topic: Got both sleeves finished  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Got both sleeves finished
« on: March 24, 2022, 11:43:31 PM »
Well I finally got both of my sleeves finished. 

Both upper sleeves are in color and the lower sleeves are in black and gray.

My right sleeve is all about my career in the military and about surviving a near death experience

My left sleeve is all about my career of the law in law-enforcement, |(with an homage  on the inside of the sleeve to my career as a barber).

All that is left to do is my entire front torso.  I don't Know what I should do and I’m afraid of what it would cost.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: Got both sleeves finished
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 02:00:49 AM »
we need pictures @Semi-Sly

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 08:20:11 AM »
Yes, photos would be nice.  I was just wondering if you had made any tattoo progress.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 02:18:44 PM »
I will try but I am not much good at taking photos of myself

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 09:28:35 PM »
I will try to post some photos here

My right sleeve is mostly all about my career in the Navy.  The top half is a Naval Officer's crest and the ribbons list many of the countries I served in.  The lower half is all about having been rescued from death. the outside is St Michael as the Angel of the Resurrection (Howard Wilcox' sculpture) swooping down from the heavens nd rescuing  a fallen warrior from the flames of battle.  The inside is the hand of a drowning sailor reaching up from the sea and being grabbed by the hand of a higher power.  The Banner on the outer edge of the arm reads; "survival is the best revenge" - because I often get very depressed about how the injuries that were done to me have resulted in me living with a progressive and painful disability.

The left sleeve is mostly all about my career in the Law and Law enforcement, (except the inside of upper arm is an homage to my career as  barber). Gong down the sleeve you see the scales of justice holding my diplomas from Law School (JD) and my terminal degree in law (LLM); followed by the actual badge I wore as a patrolman; and the the lower half is a depiction of St. Michael as the patron Saint of Police officers smiting the evil doer and preventing him from climbing up the stairway into heaven.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 12:03:47 PM by Razor X »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 07:59:20 AM »
They looks great, and I am glad you also took the time to post the meaning.  Than you for you service to our country, on many levels.  Military, law, law enforcement, and even the barber work to help keep some of us looking our best.

I also noticed you have some friendly mutton chops growing.  It is a style not seen often today, but one I would like to see come back in style.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 07:47:37 PM »
Thanks slybeard.

Yeah I've been wearing the friendly chops for about a year now - and they fade to bald as they get to the back of the jaw/ear area.  And yeah; I like them because they are different.  I am going to keep them even  if the flattop comes back in as well ----- that will be a unique look!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 07:24:21 PM »
Thats some really nice work, Thors hammer caught my eye
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 10:50:47 PM »
Got a good start on the overall front torso been working on it every Wednesday for the last three weeks.  I couldn’t afford to do it all in the photo realism of a huge undersea scene that I wanted to celebrate my life as a scuba diver so decided to go with a Japanese style because it covers a lot of space with solid colors and there’s a bunch faster method of tattooing I couldn’t afford a $30,000 tattoo I might be able to finish the whole front door so for around $5000 if we do the Japanese style
That would that’s finish will extend the shoulders and the sides to make it all connect

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 12:00:06 PM by Razor X »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2022, 11:32:29 AM »
Nice.  How long do you have to sit for that much work?
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »
It depends.  The most I have ever sat is 7.5 hours in one stretch - but that was to complete the lower left sleeve; start to finish.  With most projects I don't like to sit for more than 4 hours at a time because  the nerves get so overexcited that my skin swells and takes a long time to heal.  I would much rather stretch a project out over months or even a few years than try to overkill.  I find that I enjoy the process that way rather than have to "endure" the process.

Enter your email address: