Author Topic: Considering laser  (Read 5507 times)

Offline baldguyMX

• Learning the way of Sly
Considering laser
« on: February 11, 2022, 12:52:02 PM »
Hey guys,
I've been shaving my head on and off since I was in my late 20s (I'm 40 now). I am now entertaining the idea of lasering my scalp to become bald for good before my hair starts to gray (I've noticed some gray hairs here and there).
I'm a bit nervous so, I would like to ask guys who have already taken this big step about what does it feel like  to become irreversibly bald. Have you experienced any kind of regret?

Cheers.

Offline Levi149

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Considering laser
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 08:26:28 PM »
Go for it! I was considering laser after a couple years and I ended up going with epilating instead to save but if I had the budget for that I would totally go for it, live your best life however you choose! 🙂

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 06:41:27 AM »
I did laser treatments several years ago and am very happy with the results.  PM me with your questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 06:58:15 AM »
After shaving my head nearly everyday for 9 years, I think I would miss the shaving routine. There's just something about lathering up your head and razoring  your head smooth. I'm retired, so time is not an issue. Besides, if I'm in a hurry, I can do a quick shave with my electric shaver.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Levi149

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 12:51:27 PM »
I can understand wanting to have a routine I love being shadow free but once the maintenance for my scalp became super easy I started wanting to experiment with more, I do miss the feeling of shaving when it first starts growing in with the sandpaper texture though

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 07:01:28 AM »
I had some interest, but I went gray very early, well before shaving.
SlyBeard

Offline Josh-Mtl

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 10:35:04 AM »
I have nothing to contribute other than to say that I am in the same boat, considering it (did a consultation, got a good price) but have cold feet / am unsure.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 03:09:13 PM »
@reddog

I've had laser treatments and still shave about every third day because I had a lot of gray/white hair mixed in with the dark brown when I started treatments.  While the hair is not visibly noticeable, I don't like the feel of the stubble and I hate how it catches on t-shirts and sweatshirts!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 01:34:49 PM »
@Laser Man , same here, just can't stand the stubble! I often think about only shaving maybe every 3 days, but just don't feel right without start the day baby butt smooth.

Since I chose to wear the shaved head style, I want it to look perfect. Just like when I wore a flattop, it had to be clean, blow dried, gel applied, and perfectly flat. If I could do the laser hair removal, I would have to consider doing it.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 12:40:42 PM »
Some laser hair removal places state that their process can remove grey hair.  My hair is mostly grey, so I’m not sure if it will work.  I’ve kept my head shaved clean for two years straight now, and I don’t see myself going back to hair again.  It would be nice for a head shave to last more than 24 hours.  I start to feel stubble after 8, and it’s like sandpaper after a full day.  I’ve been thinking about going to a laser hair removal consultation to see if it would work for me.  Since it’s a permanent thing, I have to convince myself it’s the right thing for me to do.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 12:49:47 PM »
@chuck63 

It is a big step and you need to be sure you are committed to being bald. I passed the "point of no return" after my first session when all the dark hair on the sides and top disappeared for good.  I don't regret it, but I will admit to an "aw S**T" minute when I realized so much hair was gone so soon.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 05:35:31 AM »
I would have to think long and hard before making the commitment to get laser. Although I can't see a change in the popularity of wearing a shaved head. Over time, there were periods of different fads in mens haircuts, but it seems like anything goes in the last 20 years. Trends may change in the future, but I think a shaved head will still be acceptable.

Offline Josh-Mtl

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 09:34:40 AM »
In my case, I'm 100% sure I want to stay bald forever. I don't want to regrow it ever. My doubt is whether I will look weird if I am completely hairless and shiny with no shadow on the sides (though with a beard). Other guys usually look pretty good but it's kind of a big change. (It really looks fantastic on guys who are just a little darker than me or more, but as a pale white guy I'm not sure.) And a little bit a fear of remaining dark patches they can't destroy.

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2022, 04:57:29 AM »
I have had my head lasered and am permanently bald. I don’t have any regrets. It was a long and painful process, and I have one little spot on the back of my head that still won’t quite die off, but it’s not really noticeable and I am continuing to get follow up treatments.

I haven’t shaved my head in three days and it looks like I have absolutely zero hair. I do have litttle wispy hairs that are basically invisible, so for an absolutely smooth feel, I do shave my head still, but I don’t really have to shave very often anymore. It feels good to be rid of my hair. PM me with any questions
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:04:31 AM by MoonageDaydream »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 06:02:30 AM »
Looks like you had great results @MoonageDaydream

BTW, did you have any gray in your hair?
SlyBeard