Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3183 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Hello!
« on: January 27, 2022, 04:31:38 PM »
I've been coming here over the past 4 years and doesn't seem to be much action going on here although I did get a few good tips along the way.  I'd like to see more action going on here so how about everyone popping in and saying hi to this lonely old man if only to keep me sane!  I really miss you guys so I'm letting you know you're not alone in this so lets get this thing going!.

Offline Josh-Mtl

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 07:15:45 PM »
Nice to see you here. I'm new here and come for advice on shaving, skin care, laser, etc. I too would like to see more activity. Let's hope it builds up. How is the winter treating you? I hope you're in a warmer place than me (Canada).

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 05:52:33 AM »
Hello to everyone!   I’ve noticed to that this forum gets quiet for a few days or weeks, then has a burst of activity, only to get quiet again.  I hope we can get things rolling again soon. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 07:09:57 AM »
Well, I'm one of the few guys that consistently tries to post here. I hope you're not getting tired of my opinions!

Yes, things have slowed down here compared to a few years ago. After 8 years of being bald by choice, I still look forward to my morning headshave. I'm definitely addicted to that baby butt smooth feel.

Welcome Josh! I'm not in Canada, but close by in Minnesota. One thing we know for sure, wearing a shaved head in the winter is damn cold. I keep several hats available, but always remove them when I enter a building. I just have to show off my smooth shiny head!

I hope all of you are safe and well. I can't wait for spring. Anyone else here a classic car owner? My current hotrod is a 65 El  Camino.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 08:29:09 AM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 08:15:32 AM »
That’s a nice ride!   I’d like to get a C3 Corvette someday.  We’re expecting a low of 21 tomorrow night in Georgia.  We don’t know what cold is down here!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 05:43:53 PM »
Nice to see you here. I'm new here and come for advice on shaving, skin care, laser, etc. I too would like to see more activity. Let's hope it builds up. How is the winter treating you? I hope you're in a warmer place than me (Canada).
I'm in Rhode Island and so far its been a pretty mild winter.  Cold as hell but not much snow or rain.  I'm really hoping things build up here because this is the place I go every day to see what's happening.  I wish I got laser when I had the chance but those days have come and gone.  I use "bee bald" moisturizer $$$ after shaving to prevent my skin from drying out.  Maybe any good moisturizer would work but I just got in to the habit of using this one.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 05:51:43 PM »
Well, I'm one of the few guys that consistently tries to post here. I hope you're not getting tired of my opinions!

Yes, things have slowed down here compared to a few years ago. After 8 years of being bald by choice, I still look forward to my morning headshave. I'm definitely addicted to that baby butt smooth feel.

Welcome Josh! I'm not in Canada, but close by in Minnesota. One thing we know for sure, wearing a shaved head in the winter is damn cold. I keep several hats available, but always remove them when I enter a building. I just have to show off my smooth shiny head!

I hope all of you are safe and well. I can't wait for spring. Anyone else here a classic car owner? My current hotrod is a 65 El  Camino.

I'm still using the Shick extreme 3 razors you recommended and I love them.  Not the closest shave but the smoothest shave ever!  Yeah, I wear a toke when outside because it's like 17f out there.  Don't want frostbite on my head and helps keep me warm.  I always welcome your opinions and I've come to believe that you're a straight shooter so there's that!  I used to have classic cars but the rust here always killed em.  I just couldn't keep up so I called it quits.  I used to work on em, fix em up, paint em, polish them.  Now I don't do much of anything.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 05:37:16 AM »
@clint902 , thank you for the kind words! Yes, I still use the Extreme 3 razors. Not as good as they used to be, but still pretty good. I try to be honest and share my experiences of being bald by choice for over 8 years. Newbies should know what to expect, and the time commitment if you want to maintain a smooth shaved head.

I've had several C3 Vettes. They are really fun cars. Wish I still had my 1973 with the 454! Too bad you don't live around here, Clint. I have a network of car guy friends, and we're all retired. Great community of people, always ready to take on a project. And I could use another baldie in the group. Only one other guy is a headshaver, although several of the guys should be shaving the few scraps they have left!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 08:46:53 AM »
I still have my 1967 honda dream 305(motorcycle) in my garage which I restored years ago.  Had a lot of fun on that bike.  My wife wants me to junk it but it's preserved and just sitting in my garage for now.  I've done a lot of work on cars over the years but my fort was brake lines.  I just loved doing them!  So easy to do and I always did it on my back so no strain there.  The double flare on the smaller diameters was tough on the buttons and when I broke one, I couldn't find a replacement so ended up buying the whole flaring kit but it was worth it.  On that truck, I did the master, brake lines, rotors, drums, pads and shoes.  The whole thing and the hardest part was bleeding the system but I figured it out and the truck stopped on a dime with no power brakes so I was particularly proud of that one.  I also did everything else but the one thing I learned is when changing the u-joints on the driveshaft is to mark the shaft otherwise the whole thing gets out of balance.  There might be a better way but hindsight is 20/20 so I let it go.  Cracked a flex-plate or whatever they're called once so replaced that.  Didn't do much engine work in my later years but when I first started out, I lived for it.  One thing that broke my heart was when the drive shaft fell on and broke the skirt on one of the pistons.  I got another piston for it.  It was a tad too small so I had to expand it but it never ran right.  Ground my own piston rings to specs.  I did it all!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 08:49:11 AM by clint902 »

Offline Josh-Mtl

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 09:41:37 AM »
Great classic cars! I would love to have one too, but I have no garage and the Canadian winter would freeze and rust it away. (We keep our cars under a kind of tent we set up in the winter to keep the snow off, and take it down in the spring).

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 04:32:42 PM »

Not old enough to be a classic, but last summer a purchased the first "fun" car of my adult life.  After many years of mini-vans and SUV's for the family, I bought one for me.  A 2015 Porsche Boxster.

SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 11:57:01 AM »
Well, Reddog! :)That's one car I wouldn't mind having in my garage!  They have shows about a mile down the road so if you don't mind slapping a stamp on that thing and mailing it to me, I'd be eternally grateful! :)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 03:10:14 PM »
@slybeard , cool car, I bet it's a blast to drive, especially on a curvy road!

@clint902 , thanks. Actually it's for sale!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 06:41:52 AM »
Very fun to drive. I thought I posted a photo, but it must not have uploaded. Trying again:
SlyBeard