Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Beards

How do you fight the "itch" to shave it all off and start all over again?

(1/9) > >>

DoberDaddy:
I am at the two-year mark, after shaving down a full, long, 3-year beard.

Right now the beard looks great, and getting lots of good feedback, but I am DYING to shave it off. The joke is that I always regret it for a few weeks.

I never shaved the mustache in the 37 years of being bearded. This time I am dying for a clean sweep.

Advice?

Barbero Pelón:
Are you going for the Amish beard (without mustache) or totally smooth like Mr. Clean?

Is hard to fight against the desire,once you think on shave your head or beard is over...you wouldn't be in peace until ia done.

reddog:
Ah yes, I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes I see a guy with a shaved head and face that looks great, then I think how clean it looks.

But, one year ago, I thought it would be a good time to go clean shaven for the first time in 35 years. I was mostly staying home because of the pandemic. So one morning I got out the trimmer and I immediately knew it was a mistake! I definitely did not like how I looked. Well, I thought I might as well take a razor to it while shaving my head.

So, I learned my lesson, and probably won't try that again. But, just like we tell new headshavers, it grows back. Funny how I love wearing a shaved head, but not a shaved face?

So, @DoberDaddy , sometimes it's hard to fight the urge, and you just have to scratch that itch!

Barbero Pelón:
Every "bald and bearded" man should try go Mr. Clean at least once in their life's,be truly BALD.

The first time I shave my beard as a bald man didn't like it too much and let it grow again immediately.

But some months later,after try a lot of beard styles decided to do it again and like it.

Is great to rub your chin and go until the nape and feel nothing except for smooth shaved skin.

DoberDaddy:
I was thinking of a clean sweep... but might keep the mustache. Not sure. Still on the fence. New BF loves the beard... so, we will see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version