Author Topic: 7 Years of Baldness  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
7 Years of Baldness
« on: December 11, 2021, 07:25:33 PM »
Thanksgiving weekend was the 7 year anniversary of when I finally got rid of what was remaining of my hair and I haven't missed it for one day since lol. I see not a ton of traffic on the 30 days forum but consider this the 7 years plus challenge!

Like so many I was agonizing about what I had left and seeing the "spots" missing and feeling self conscious.

Now I shave almost everyday, and a "spot" means hair left which I quickly razor off. Looking the mirror instead of looking for hair I want to see instead shine.

Oh and not to mention, way more attention from women bald. Head nods from every other bald guy out there. And, was just out in the rain and every drop is an amazing feeling (totally underrated thing about baldness you never hear about). No bad hair days, though I do sometimes get a bad beard day especially with a mask lol.

Anyway just try to post every year in the hopes that some other guy other there just takes the plunge rather than sitting there self conscious. Bald is better, bros, and if I had known how much better I would saved myself the trouble and done it years before I did.

If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: 7 Years of Baldness
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 08:58:30 PM »
Great post Clavo! Congrats on your 7 year anniversary. I don’t miss my hair either. And everyone knows me as a bald guy. That’s the best part about having anniversaries like this. No one remembers you with hair. Keep rockin’ the smooth dome!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 11:04:16 PM »
I'm almost 3 years bald now and doing fine.  The biggest problem I'm having is this is the winter here and my scalp is turning a bit pale.  I'm trying to get rid of the "pale" look but I'm not sure what to do.  So I basically get bad bald days now.  Exfoliating helps a little and I do use moisterizer which helps to an extent but my scalp isn't as tough as it was in the summer.  Seems I can't win. :(

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 04:17:07 AM »
Congratulations,Cue Ball 🎱✨

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2021, 06:50:35 AM »
Congratulations on the 7 years.
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 02:59:45 PM »
I have a few years to catch up with you.  I shaved my head for the first time a little over five years ago.  After going bald off and on for a little over three years, I’ve kept mine shaved for almost two years now.  I guess after that long, I’m fully committed to the look.

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 05:41:55 AM »
Congrats on seven years bald! I’m a few years behind you — first shaved my head in June 2017, but I grew out some buzz cuts after that — I’ve been consistently bald since November 2017, so I have about four years under my belt as a baldy. It really has been a great decision and I love having a smooth bald dome

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 06:10:56 AM »
@Calvo1029 , congratulations on seven years! You were about a year behind me choosing the bald life. After numerous attempts to grow my hair back, I always go back to sly after a few weeks. I guess for many of us a smooth bald head becomes an obsession!

Once you're shaved, it seems you age much slower as you're look never changes. When I tell people I'm 68, they are surprised. As I expected, I think alot of the guys that decided to try a shaved head during the pandemic have decided to keep it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: