Author Topic: Greetings!!  (Read 2996 times)

Offline rayner601

• Bald Cigar smokin' guy
  • Learning the way of Sly
Greetings!!
« on: November 16, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
Hey ya'll...
Been lurking around as a guest for about a year now. Decided to make the account today.
Started off with a full head of thick hair and decided to start shaving my head about 20+ years ago.  4 years ago I had 8 laser treatments done with mixed results.
Now I wax once a week and I keep a shiny dome. I think I have this waxing thing down to a science (well almost).

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Greetings!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
Welcome and thanks for joining!

What made you decide to start shaving 20 years ago?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 09:30:51 PM »
Welcome, join in any time.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline rayner601

• Bald Cigar smokin' guy
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 04:01:23 AM »
Welcome and thanks for joining!

What made you decide to start shaving 20 years ago?

I wanted something different and just did it.  Then I really liked it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 07:03:33 AM »
Welcome to the board.  I had a good bit of hair when I started shaving as well, only some slight thinning.  That was over 10 years ago, and now I have full on MPB.  I would consider laser, but the hair I have is almost completely white and the laser would not be effective.  I have though about waxing, but never had the nerve to give it a try.  I understand that waxing gets easier, less painful, after multiple times.  I would love to hear how you transitioned to waxing.  Did you start using a professional or do it yourself?  Do you do it yourself now?
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 09:09:50 PM »
Hey ya'll...
Been lurking around as a guest for about a year now. Decided to make the account today.
Started off with a full head of thick hair and decided to start shaving my head about 20+ years ago.  4 years ago I had 8 laser treatments done with mixed results.
Now I wax once a week and I keep a shiny dome. I think I have this waxing thing down to a science (well almost).

I had wanted to try waxing it but could never find anybody who would wax it for me!

So now I go on the other road and have gotten scalp micro pigmentation to make the shadow look even all over.  Now I truly look like a guy who is bald by choice

Offline rayner601

• Bald Cigar smokin' guy
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 09:20:45 PM »
Welcome to the board.  I had a good bit of hair when I started shaving as well, only some slight thinning.  That was over 10 years ago, and now I have full on MPB.  I would consider laser, but the hair I have is almost completely white and the laser would not be effective.  I have though about waxing, but never had the nerve to give it a try.  I understand that waxing gets easier, less painful, after multiple times.  I would love to hear how you transitioned to waxing.  Did you start using a professional or do it yourself?  Do you do it yourself now?

Ok so on the waxing...I did try the drugstore/big box store wax kits and they failed miserably.  A few years later I just decided to try to find a salon that would be willing to wax my head.  I did find one that used the sugar based "wax".  I think I would have been better off using duct tape to be honest.  Then on a whim I went to the salon in the local big box retailer and asked.  She said sure and did an excellent job but it didn't get out all the hair.  She agreed to come to the house after I got a wax she recommended and the next session was done in my kitchen.  She got about 99% of the hairs out and it hurt...badly. I wasn't deterred so she came over once a week to wax my head and to teach me how to do it.  Once I was comfortable, she didn't come over anymore.  After a few months, I decided that maybe an epilator would be better so I got one.  Started with small patches and yeah it hurt too.  However it did get a lot better after about 4-5 times with the epilator.  Now I use the epilator first to get the large hairs that are hard for the wax to get out (the wax I found that works the best is discontinued) then use the wax to get the finer hairs and the more shallow hairs out.

It hurts the first few times you wax/epilate but it gets a lot better.  I can go about 2 weeks if I have to between wax/epilation sessions.  I miss the whole shaving thing but I was always nicking myself at least once a week and having to shave every other day or so to keep it smooth was getting tiring.

If you do go with waxing I can not emphasize it enough, get a wax warmer.  Don't microwave it or put it in boiling water or on the stove. You will burn the pi$$ out of your scalp.  Ask me how I know that.

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 11:21:45 PM »
Welcome!!
Very useful information for all of us!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 03:25:06 AM »

glad to see you're enjoying baldness as much as I do! 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 10:49:53 AM »
Welcome to the group!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.