Author Topic: Scalp micropigmentation  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Scalp micropigmentation
« on: November 02, 2021, 01:07:38 AM »
So I’m moving in Fort Lauderdale Florida for about two months just trying to place on for size to see if I want to move and I have some time on my hands.  This area of Florida there’s a lot of schools to teach SMP.

I decided to look into it and found one that looked very credible and there has very good results.  After talking to the owner I found that I could fit The course in while I am still here and he even offered to do my head free of charge if I let them do the last session during the class itself.

After all the illnesses and all the chemicals my remaining hair is like chemo head hair.  And that is so fine and translucent that even when I shave I still look like a chemo head!

So I decided to give it a try.  I did my first session last week and they’ll do the second session later this week.  I like the idea that they do it gradually because they don’t want to overdo it.  I was really nervous about it but now after the first session I’m really pleased!  It looks very natural and my head looks more like a guy who is bald by choice rather than a guy who is bald by chemo!  I look like an older guy from his hair is cleaning and receding and going through which is just exactly how I should look!!  And if I do choose to grow the horseshoe Flattop back next spring my hair will look fuller

Should I choose to make a business out of this I could make a lot of money at it but I just wanted to learn it because I have a few Barber customers who have horrible scars from old hair transplants Or from brain surgeries.  A good SMP artist can really camouflage those scars and allow a guy to wear a short, or closely tapered,  haircut again!  I hope to get really good at this!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 01:09:38 AM by Semi-Sly »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Scalp micropigmentation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 08:02:29 AM »
Glad to hear you are pleased with the results of SMP.  It seems to have become much more popular since we first discussed it on these boards many years back. I hadn't thought about using SMP to cover scars, but it makes a lot of sense. 

Good luck with your coursework.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 08:42:51 AM »
Sounds like it is working well for you @Semi-Sly , I hope you can post a photo of the results.  Your post did get me thinking.  Many of you know I am also an active member of a beard board, and we see a lot of guys with sparse beard coverage the want to have a beard.  I wonder if the same procedure would work to make a beard appear thicker.  Kind of a permanent 5 o'clock shadow?  Since I dye my beard, I know it appears much thicker immediately afterwards because the skin underneath will be stained darker by the dye, but it fades away after 24 to 48 hours.

That could be another side business for you.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 09:16:53 PM »

As requested

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 07:05:50 AM »
Wow!  That looks really good @Simi-Sly

I was concerned that it would look too dark and unnatural, especially for a mature guy.  But is looks perfect, a nice and slight shadow just as you would expect to see.

I really like your horseshoe/biker mustache with it as well.
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 07:12:01 AM »
Tbh, scalp micro pigmentation never looks natural.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 10:42:00 AM »
It looks good, SemiSly....Just to reiterate, it's not permanent and after X # of years, fading will start to kick in for most people. That's when a decision to whether or not to touch it up needs to be made.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 11:25:48 PM »
Well in my case it touchups going to be necessary sooner rather than later.

So they put the last layer on last Tuesday and then on Saturday morning I fell hit my head against the bathroom wall and tore about a 7 inch gash in my scalp!  After I got the bleeding to stop by drove myself to the ER.  I got lucky because they were real busy usually they just staple it up like an old purse!  But when I explain to the ER doc that I really cared about how my scalp look after this he agreed to use stitches instead of staples so that he could draw the torn bits of skin more tightly together and that way the scar will not be as wide. 

It took 13 stitches!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 12:51:30 AM »
A 7 inch gash???  Oh damn! :-[I feel your pain!
I might have to get some of that micro pigmentation because of the drugs the  hospital is shooting me up with list "apoplecia" as a side effect.  There's a small chance that will happen but I'll be prepared if it does.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 05:04:22 PM by clint902 »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 04:54:09 PM »
Well in my case it touchups going to be necessary sooner rather than later.

So they put the last layer on last Tuesday and then on Saturday morning I fell hit my head against the bathroom wall and tore about a 7 inch gash in my scalp!  After I got the bleeding to stop by drove myself to the ER.  I got lucky because they were real busy usually they just staple it up like an old purse!  But when I explain to the ER doc that I really cared about how my scalp look after this he agreed to use stitches instead of staples so that he could draw the torn bits of skin more tightly together and that way the scar will not be as wide. 

It took 13 stitches!

Hope it heals quickly with minimum scaring.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 10:40:45 PM »
The 7 inch tear is healing really really well because we put so many stitches in it. It’ll be fully healed by the end of next month and will be able to repair the SMP work also as you can see I have a lot of brown age spots on my skin which makes me look really really old without the SMP I’m getting more of the age spots burn off of the laser next week and those burn marks will heal up in time as well for us to repair them with the SMP

I’m really pleased with the SMP I didn’t want it to look like I was a young man with a full head of hair I want to look like an older guy who is a receding hairline and thinning hair just not quite as badly receded and not quite as thin as it was because I just looked like a chemo patient with a lot of age spots

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 12:43:52 AM »
I've seen a lot of "chemo" patients over the years and I really couldn't tell who had it and who didn't.  Most people lose their hair while undergoing the treatment but what's the alternative?  But anyway, the hair grows back in stages such as chemo fuzz at first, while others get chemo curls which straitens out then turns back into its natural color.  The only time I could tell is when someone had it as a child, then when they grew up and the skin on their head stretched out and the hair showed up as patches but I only saw that once.