Discussions About Being Bald > To be or not be...Bald

Mature hairline or balding

(1/5) > >>

Thathawkguy001:
I shave regularly off and on during the year. I let it grow then go sly again. When I grew it out I’ve noticed that my temples are thinner I’m not sure if this is balding as I don’t have crown thinning. I don’t care if it is as obviously I shave anyways so if it got hugely towards thinning I’d just shave all the time.

Razorhead:
Its’ probably the start of a receding hairline. Google the Norwood Scale to learn about hairloss patterns and stages.  It could be the start of Norwood 2 with a receding hairline. I started out like that in my early 20s. I would sit at my desk at work and run my fingers through my hair and have a little pile going. I didn’t get a bald spot until late 40s though. Hairloss is different for everyone. It’s nothing to worry about. You have a full head of hair.

Thathawkguy001:
Not worried at all just was seeing if I could look forward to shaving easier with less up top in the future    O0

reddog:
Yes sir, Mr Hawk, you're on your way from bald by choice to bald by nature. Actually, I'm at about the same stage, although I'm 67yo!

Yep, just think how much easier guys have it when the entire top of their head is bald. If you think about it though, once I have the sides and back shaved, the top only takes another minute or two. I find the toughest spot is above/behind my ears. My hair grows right to the top of my ears!

slybeard:
I would say it could be, likely is, starting to thin.  The rate and extent to which MPB progresses is different for all of us.  It started for me in my late 40's as a general thinning on top, but my hairline was still normal.  After about 3 to 4 years, i have very little hair remaining on top.  Some guys get a little thinning and then it seem to stay the same.

It is a little easier to shave when the hair on top is gone, but I still have to go over that area for the 'fuss" that would otherwise grow there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version