Author Topic: What made you STAY bald?  (Read 6766 times)

Offline BaldOrchidgrower

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Adict to be bald and bearded. Scalp waxer
Re: What made you STAY bald?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 02:43:50 AM »
Feeling very clean and healthy, more masculine and self confident, very pleasant sensation when touching my smooth dome, I love the shine.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2021, 04:03:40 PM »
I don't have much to grow back.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2021, 08:00:07 AM »
Aside from not being a able to grow a decent head of hair, I can look at a gorgeous head of hair on a guy….and think….”that’s just not me anymore”. Even though there are a lot of guys with shaved heads, I still think it’s a unique ballsy look.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2021, 10:59:20 AM »
@Razorhead , I agree, I just don't feel right without a smooth head. When I try to grow my hair back, it just isn't what it was 10 or 15 years ago. Years ago, I remember how important it was to keep up with the newest haircut trends. Thank goodness we are living in a time that anything goes for haircut choice!

I also believe it takes a special kind of guy to consciously choose to wear a totally shaved head. It definitely makes a statement!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »
I let my hair grow for five or six days last summer when I was on vacation.  I was glad to shave it off when I got home.  There’s nothing like the feeling of a smoothly shaved dome!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2021, 01:03:08 PM »
Every time I see the subject line of this thread, I just want to say a Gillette Fusion keeps me bald.
SlyBeard

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2021, 11:01:29 AM »
What made me stay bald?

In March 2012, took the 30 days Sly Bald Guys trial. Liked my new slick bald smooth shaved head.

Been bald for nearly a decade. It's the only look I know.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 04:27:42 AM »

Love the feeling of my freshly shaved head and the shine.

Offline 5125

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2021, 06:38:05 PM »
Growing up I always had long hair as an act of rebellion as the groupthink of my town was that boys should only have short hair which I thought was stupid since girls could have long or short hair. However, I always had a fascination with bald heads and thought they looked cool. I kept getting the urge to shave my head, but always chickened out because I strongly attached my hair to my identity. I finally did it in college and loved it, but I was overwhelmed by the shock of the change. I grew it back out, but kept getting the urge to shave it off. I did it on and off for a while, but I started to really hate how hair looked no matter what I did with it and fully committed shaving my head. It still took me a while to adjust, but now I can’t imagine growing it back.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2021, 06:40:54 AM »
Growing up I always had long hair as an act of rebellion as the groupthink of my town was that boys should only have short hair which I thought was stupid since girls could have long or short hair. However, I always had a fascination with bald heads and thought they looked cool. I kept getting the urge to shave my head, but always chickened out because I strongly attached my hair to my identity. I finally did it in college and loved it, but I was overwhelmed by the shock of the change. I grew it back out, but kept getting the urge to shave it off. I did it on and off for a while, but I started to really hate how hair looked no matter what I did with it and fully committed shaving my head. It still took me a while to adjust, but now I can’t imagine growing it back.

Looks good.  You have a nice beard as well.  Have you though about growing a large beard?  Big red beards are my favorite, especially with a shaved head.  I suggest you give it a try, at least before it starts turning gray.
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2021, 11:52:04 PM »
LOL, what's wrong with a big grey beard?

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2021, 03:21:54 AM »
A big grey beard can come in handy around Christmas if you're into the santa thing! ^-^

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2021, 02:49:24 PM »
Second time this week I skipped my morning shave. It was 28 degrees today and I had to do leaf cleanup and gutter cleaning, so I wanted to wear a stocking hat. Most of us know the damn thing will not stay on with a freshly shaved head. With one days growth it sticks like Velcro! Definitely looking forward to a BBS head tomorrow.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2021, 04:17:23 AM »
Oh,  I know all about velcro!  Sometimes in the dead of winter I wear a sock at bed time and when I take it off in the morning, I have to peel it off.  Now that's a trip!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2021, 06:59:09 AM »

Big gray beards are great!   :) :)

But for guys that still have color, they should try a bead in full color while they can.
SlyBeard