Author Topic: Pre-shave advice  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Pre-shave advice
« on: July 29, 2022, 11:22:36 AM »
 What do you all recommend as a pre-shave product or routine? I've been shaving for 30 days straight now after wobbling back and forth between hair and bald and I'm really set on keeping it bald for the foreseeable future. Basically wanting something for the days I can slow down and pamper myself with a long unrushed quality shave.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Pre-shave advice
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 01:03:47 PM »
I have a fairly simple routine of shaving in the shower, I find the steam of the shower does the job for for the pre-shave.  I have on occasion used an apricot scrub as well, but normally it is just the shower.
SlyBeard

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 12:38:32 AM »
im with @slybeard shave in the shower and hot water is all the preshave you need

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 05:21:59 AM »
I'm a daily shower shaver too, but if I want true headshaving experience, here's what I do. First of all, I have one of those old style triple pane mirrors in my bathroom, and the two ends fold out. Don't shave for 2 or 3 days so you have a good amount of stubble to shave. I use my shaving brush with shaving soap, and my double edge safety razor. Shower first, use the brush to lather up face and head, and do a nice slow BBS shave in front of the mirror. I finish with a cold water rinse and some witch hazel for nice shiny dome!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 01:43:55 PM »
I'm a daily shower shaver too, but if I want true headshaving experience, here's what I do. First of all, I have one of those old style triple pane mirrors in my bathroom, and the two ends fold out. Don't shave for 2 or 3 days so you have a good amount of stubble to shave. I use my shaving brush with shaving soap, and my double edge safety razor. Shower first, use the brush to lather up face and head, and do a nice slow BBS shave in front of the mirror. I finish with a cold water rinse and some  for nice shiny dome!

I gotta get one of those I'm gonna pick up witch hazel today thank you.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2022, 01:39:11 PM »
I just make sure my scalp is nice and clean.  I also discovered that it's harder to shave every day than to shave every other day.  Hair seems to hold on to moisture.  Well, anyway, I seem to have the best luck with hair conditioner as a shaving cream.  I've tried all kinds of different things so just keep trying until you find what works best for you!