Author Topic: Leaf Razor  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Leaf Razor
« on: October 02, 2021, 12:30:17 AM »
Someone mentioned the Leaf razor as part of a post on here.  I was intruiged by the plastic free aspect and that it could use and so bought one.  Wow, closest shave I've ever had.  The hand feel is great its a nice weight.  I was very impressed.  When I went to chnage the blades one of the magnets came loose. I wrote to leaf and despite the fact that i had bought it from a supplied in the UK they immediately shipped me a new razor from the USA, so fantastic customer service.  As I said, all in all very impressed.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: Leaf Razor
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 05:11:34 AM »
What do the magnets do and why are they a necessary part of the razor?

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 01:09:49 AM »
They are located in the head and help hold the blades in position, mainly as you are fitting them.  I am not sure they are essential and i could place them back where they should be and the razor worked fine. Howeveri mentioned it as i was impressed by the customer service.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 05:18:01 AM »
My blades get actual rust on them sometimes and being a non-ferrous metal, shouldn't rust or stick to magnets at all so I'm wondering if we're actually buying "blue blades" that are disguised as stainless steel blades.  Anyway, I attribute my hesitation of getting a leaf razor is primarily due to the magnet thing because the blades shouldn't under any circumstance stick to it.  Now I'm all mess up!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 07:08:04 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those "leaf razors".  I'm not sure if it will be any better than the 1914 vintage Gillette I'm using now.  I don't want to spend all that money if my own razor gives me a better shave.  I have that itch to get one but I just don't know what to do.  I need more positive reviews of it.  On this forum, I don't see much in the way of reviews on this razor so let me know if it's all it's cracked up to be.

Enter your email address: