Author Topic: Gillette Baldly  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Gillette Baldly
« on: July 30, 2023, 08:53:28 AM »
The ad for this razor kept popping up in FaceBook, so I decided to give it a try.
Unfortunately, I had to order it from the Gillette website as I could not find the Baldly in a store or on the usual online catalogue sites.  I ordered a set that included the Baldly handle, two blades, stand, and gel.
The Baldly razor has a wider and weighted handle. I was skeptical as my Fusion handle works fine for me, but the wider handle actually gave me more control over the angle of the blade. The Baldly handle has the same rotating mechanism as the Fusion, and my Fusion handle fit the Baldly blade perfectly, so the Baldly handle is not necessary to use the blades.
The Baldly blade actually was the most impressive feature (as it should be.) The blade bows when pressed against a hard surface so it contoured to my scalp and the curves of my skull. This allowed the full blade to shave with each stroke. It resulted in a much easier and smoother shave than the hard Fusion blade. It was as smooth as what I usually get from my double edge.
I will be ordering more blades.

https://gillettebaldly.com/the-head-shaver-range

« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 11:47:10 AM by Cave Dweller »

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Gillette Baldly
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 10:24:16 AM »
I’ve used a Fusion for years.  I may have to check this one out.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 07:21:04 AM »
@Cave Dweller , thanks for the info. With more and more guys choosing the shaved head style, I'm not surprised companies are creating products for them!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 02:47:06 PM »
The ad for this razor kept popping up in FaceBook, so I decided to give it a try.
Unfortunately, I had to order it from the Gillette website as I could not find the Baldly in a store or on the usual online catalogue sites.  I ordered a set that included the Baldly handle, two blades, stand, and gel.
The Baldly razor has a wider and weighted handle. I was skeptical as my Fusion handle works fine for me, but the wider handle actually gave me more control over the angle of the blade. The Baldly handle has the same rotating mechanism as the Fusion, and my Fusion handle fit the Baldly blade perfectly, so the Baldly handle is not necessary to use the blades.
The Baldly blade actually was the most impressive feature (as it should be.) The blade bows when pressed against a hard surface so it contoured to my scalp and the curves of my skull. This allowed the full blade to shave with each stroke. It resulted in a much easier and smoother shave than the hard Fusion blade. It was as smooth as what I usually get from my double edge.
I will be ordering more blades.

https://gillettebaldly.com/the-head-shaver-range

Thanks for the info.  I wanted to give it a try, but was waiting for it to become available in stores rather than to order direct.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: