Confidence and Success > How to Build Confidence

How do I regain confidence after having it destroyed by hairloss forums?

(1/2) > >>

BaldBlindAt20:
Well now aiming for going sly (tomorrow I go for my Philips OneBlade), I am quite afraid. On hairlosstalk forum, where I were in 2018 when my hairloss started, there were many posts stating that confidence does not even matter if you do not have hair. Other people tell that no woman will be truly interested in me because of lack of hair on my scalp and they will never be aroused around me. (I know women truly interested in me when I had hair.) In year 2020 I realised that I should go for it and shave, beacuse I am headed to Norwood 7 already. Now because I see many people on this forum actually being happy with shaving head, how did you escape the negative thinking about yourselves being bald? Is being distinctive as the only one shaved something great for you or was it terrible? I bet confidence is very important and without both hair and confidence in myself I can only dream of girls and life success. I am 20 years old when I am typing this post and my social circle are people 16-21 years old, if you ask I can send you how I look now with buzzcut.

slybeard:
IMO, guys tend to gain confidence when they take charge of things in their life.  So for most guys, when they shave a balding head, they gain confidence because they have take charge and "solved" their issue.  The same is true for other things we can change, like growing facial hair, working out more, and for some guys, dressing better for work.

Women will have a sense of the confidence, and will be attracted to it.

reddog:
You are causing yourself way too much stress over this!!

First, stay away from the hair loss forums! And don't believe alot of what you read on the Internet.

You have to make a final decision. Either decide to try shaving, or forget it. Just don't think about letting someone carve up the back of your head to move hair to the balding areas. Worse case scenario, you shave and don't like it, and wear a hat for a couple weeks.

By the way, many guys here have wonderful women, and I see hundreds of shaved bald guys with pretty women. I'm on a singles website, and 320 gals have liked my photos.

BaldBlindAt20:

--- Quote from: slybeard on August 23, 2021, 07:39:07 AM ---IMO, guys tend to gain confidence when they take charge of things in their life.  So for most guys, when they shave a balding head, they gain confidence because they have take charge and "solved" their issue.  The same is true for other things we can change, like growing facial hair, working out more, and for some guys, dressing better for work.

Women will have a sense of the confidence, and will be attracted to it.

--- End quote ---

I took some advice from people here, especially @Laser Man who offered it anytime I needed help or just a tip. I regained a bit of confidence when I bought clothes after buzzing head, also I work out so I feel better and of course gain strength. Although people are pleased with how I look now, I must admit I am a bit concerned if I will find a girl around my age who will be interested in me, because I did not hit on any girl since IV 2021 :D

--- Quote from: reddog on August 23, 2021, 08:10:26 AM ---You are causing yourself way too much stress over this!!

First, stay away from the hair loss forums! And don't believe alot of what you read on the Internet.

You have to make a final decision. Either decide to try shaving, or forget it. Just don't think about letting someone carve up the back of your head to move hair to the balding areas. Worse case scenario, you shave and don't like it, and wear a hat for a couple weeks.

By the way, many guys here have wonderful women, and I see hundreds of shaved bald guys with pretty women. I'm on a singles website, and 320 gals have liked my photos.

--- End quote ---

Yeah the topic of hairloss is causing me much more trouble than it should, starting from 2018, when at age of 16, people told I am receding. I think it is even debilitating because shaving head is the only way to close that problem and take care of something else. The situation was especially hard because almost all people were trying to get me to transplant my hair, my parents wanted me to have a hair transplant and did not want to hear anything about shaving. Which I thought dumb because transplants need finasteride to work fully and I am strongly against taking it. Also I am against bullshitting people and using combovers, concealers  or being a hat prisoner lmao.

clint902:
Try not to overthink it.  If I pulled the pin every time I thought a girl wouldn't like me because of my hairstyle, clothing or my having to use a cane to walk(problem resolved), I never would've met my wife of 32 years.  I've found that girls find what's inside as more intriguing than what's outside.  I truly think that if a girl rejects you just because of your hairstyle then maybe you don't belong together anyway.  Well, whatever you do, I'm sure you'll be just fine.  Trust me on that! O0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version