Author Topic: Will going sly make me look younger?  (Read 8702 times)

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
Re: Will going sly make me look younger?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2023, 03:38:07 PM »
I notice more of us around too. I think the pandemic made people try experimenting with their hair and they realized that bald makes the most sense. I should have started shaving my head earlier than 29.

I shaved mine march of 2020 and besides a few months here or there I've kept it bald. It's cheaper to be bald and takes less time in the morning especially when you have a palm shaver. I don't have to pay a barber anymore or buy shampoo or anything. Going sly was something I should have done years ago.  Also I'm 32 and I get clocked for 26 with a shaved head and short beard.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2023, 06:33:08 AM »
I notice more of us around too. I think the pandemic made people try experimenting with their hair and they realized that bald makes the most sense. I should have started shaving my head earlier than 29.

I shaved mine march of 2020 and besides a few months here or there I've kept it bald. It's cheaper to be bald and takes less time in the morning especially when you have a palm shaver. I don't have to pay a barber anymore or buy shampoo or anything. Going sly was something I should have done years ago.  Also I'm 32 and I get clocked for 26 with a shaved head and short beard.

I am not sure about less hassle and less money argument. Shaving both my face and head takes up around 30 minutes every few days, whereas my hairdresser would just take up an hour every 3-6 months. Also, if you are not using safety razors but cartridge razors, the costs can be actually really big. I wish being sly were something less time consuming and easier to maintain, because I love the fresh feel of a bald head

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2023, 06:52:42 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , I definitely agree, with a full head of hair, it takes a significant amount of time to maintain a bald head. That's for us guys that shave everyday. I can use a Schick Extreme 3 disposable for about a week. I always but them when there is a 3 or 4 dollar off coupon in the paper.

And yes, when you're in your 60's with snow white hair, shaving it all off makes you look younger!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2023, 11:43:32 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , I definitely agree, with a full head of hair, it takes a significant amount of time to maintain a bald head. That's for us guys that shave everyday. I can use a Schick Extreme 3 disposable for about a week. I always but them when there is a 3 or 4 dollar off coupon in the paper.

And yes, when you're in your 60's with snow white hair, shaving it all off makes you look younger!

I wish I had very light hair, I had these golden blonde hair which were darker than lighter. But I'm not gonna complain, when I am 35 I hope to be mistaken for 25 haha

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2023, 02:42:31 PM »
Shaving does make you look younger. Even when your hair is thinning and silvery in color like mine, a shaved head is better than a buzzcut.

@BaldBlindAt20 shaving the head and the face takes time. I think that combination is on the edge of being a little too high maintenance so I’ll shave my head everyday but not the face.  I think skipping shaves for three days is also extra work. I find that I’m more concerned with getting every bit of stubble cleaned  off otherwise it looks sloppy. Shaving everyday can be more forgiving.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 02:48:16 PM by Razorhead »

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2023, 01:33:01 PM »
Shaving does make you look younger. Even when your hair is thinning and silvery in color like mine, a shaved head is better than a buzzcut.

@BaldBlindAt20 shaving the head and the face takes time. I think that combination is on the edge of being a little too high maintenance so I’ll shave my head everyday but not the face.  I think skipping shaves for three days is also extra work. I find that I’m more concerned with getting every bit of stubble cleaned  off otherwise it looks sloppy. Shaving everyday can be more forgiving.

I am not sure about shaving everyday, also I would feel weird shaving head only. I love having smooth head and having smooth face ;)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2023, 07:19:56 AM »
I do not do the face shaving part, but I was able to get my head shaving routine down to 5 minutes or so after a lot of practice, and that was when I still had a full head of hair.  I was a daily shaver at the time, and I think you will learn to shave faster if you shave daily rather than every three days.  I also shave in the shower, so no clean-up.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2023, 12:09:15 PM »

I am not sure about less hassle and less money argument. Shaving both my face and head takes up around 30 minutes every few days, whereas my hairdresser would just take up an hour every 3-6 months. Also, if you are not using safety razors but cartridge razors, the costs can be actually really big. I wish being sly were something less time consuming and easier to maintain, because I love the fresh feel of a bald head

I use the leaf which is a 3 blade razor that uses double edge blades snapped in half or single blades you can buy for very cheap. $20 lasts me a year. 10 minutes with my palm shaver gives me a clean scalp. If your doing face and head it's probably longer but yeah for me it's cheaper.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2023, 01:17:01 AM »

I use the leaf which is a 3 blade razor that uses double edge blades snapped in half or single blades you can buy for very cheap. $20 lasts me a year. 10 minutes with my palm shaver gives me a clean scalp. If your doing face and head it's probably longer but yeah for me it's cheaper.

A fellow leaf shaver!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2023, 05:44:48 AM »
If you have gray hairs or really bad thinning,yes. But usually a bald man looks ten years older of what really is.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2023, 05:48:33 AM »
If you have gray hairs or really bad thinning,yes. But usually a bald man looks ten years older of what really is.

I am thinning very quickly and aggressively, people assume I am 25 though (now I am 22)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2023, 02:08:39 PM »
I’m 80years old and get taken for 80 . Well maybe a little less. Shave with cheap 2 blade disposable ,or pit bull gold. Two minutes with the PBG or about 5-10 with the razor. Head shaving is the fastest for me by far. Been shaving on and off since 2009.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Enter your email address: