Author Topic: Will going sly make me look younger?  (Read 8699 times)

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
Will going sly make me look younger?
« on: August 21, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »
10 days ago I shaved my hair from shoulder length to 2mm. After 10 days where I didn't regulate my facial hair nor hair on my scalp. With growing my hair a bit like my parents advised, I noticed that my hairline is not intact and that I may have lost density on top. Why do I care? Because people have told me numerous times that I look 42 (I am 20 as in my nickname), in many photos it looks like horseshoe pattern is showing, (quite like Jason Statham has lmao) so I am thinking about going sly. Especially would love any piece of advice from @reddog and @Razorhead because they look a lot younger than their age. If anyone is interested how I look now, just ask me in private messages

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Will going sly make me look younger?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 03:15:57 PM »
I don't have any experience with balding young. I didn't shave my head until I was 58yo. With very white hair, I looked younger without it.

Usually, guys that are already pretty bald on top, look younger by shaving off the fringe. I guess there is only one way for you to find out, by going for the clean shave. You're almost there anyway!

If you decide to go for the shave, we recommend committing to keeping it shaved bald for 30 days. It takes the long for you and everyone else to get used to the new look.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 02:38:36 AM »
At your age, no.

But you will "age" more slowly since your look won't really change over the years if you keep it shaved.

2mm, isn't shaved, BTW.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 02:53:47 AM »
At your age, no.

But you will "age" more slowly since your look won't really change over the years if you keep it shaved.

2mm, isn't shaved, BTW.

Well but there is a chance when I go sly that I will look 27 for my peers and not 42? I bet it will be the case, I am tired of hearing I look like a father with my sons when I go out with people lol, also want to avoid girls with daddy issues.

Yeah sorry, I am accustomed to people telling me I am bald although my grown hair are now around 3mm

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 08:12:05 AM »
My wife tells me I look younger while shaven probably because I have so much grey.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 02:21:34 PM »
Yeah I think I might want to go sly altogether, in photos I already see horseshoe pattern forming

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 07:29:47 AM »
There is no one answer for everyone.  But I would say that in general, a young man will look older when shaved, and an older man will look younger.  However, a thinning and/or balding hair will also make a younger man look older.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:45:42 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
Ok, that makes sense.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 01:44:26 PM »
Duplicate
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 08:15:44 AM »
At 58 years old, I feel like shaving away my grey makes me look younger.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2021, 03:43:51 AM »
As for now I shaved my beard and hair to 3mm, people tell me now I look barely 23 and not 42 :D There is one photo which looks like I have gone sly and I think I look cool :D

Offline MoonageDaydream

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 05:55:23 AM »
There is no one answer for everyone.  But I would say that in general, a young man will look older when shaved, and an older man will look younger.  However, a thinning and/or balding hair will also make a younger man look older.

This is exactly right. I first shaved my head bald at 28, I’m 32 now. I probably look like I’m in my late 30s/early 40s now, but I’ll look that way for the next 20 years as long as I take care of my skin.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 06:23:06 PM »
The cold, hard truth is that unless you are shaving a full head of hair, your choices are limited to:

1. A head that is shaved completely bald
2. A partially bald head wit a pattern determined by Mother Nature

Pick whichever of those two you are more comfortable with and don’t worry about whether it makes you look older or younger than you looked when you had all your hair.  You can never get that hair back, so do the best you can with what you have to work with and move on.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 07:27:49 AM »
The cold, hard truth is that unless you are shaving a full head of hair, your choices are limited to:

1. A head that is shaved completely bald
2. A partially bald head wit a pattern determined by Mother Nature

Pick whichever of those two you are more comfortable with and don’t worry about whether it makes you look older or younger than you looked when you had all your hair.  You can never get that hair back, so do the best you can with what you have to work with and move on.

Yeah, that seems to be the case concerning my balding lmao, I think I have 2 years max before I will be reduced to horseshoe. It's crazy that at 20 years of age, I can no longer have a haircut that my great grandfather had when he was 58, but thankfully I can go sly and not worry about balding anymore, something my father (born 1966, lost his hair in 90s) could not do.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 12:35:01 PM »
something my father (born 1966, lost his hair in 90s) could not do.

And that is where you lost me. I was with you up until then.   ;D ;D ;D

Glad you are starting to feel better about the situation.