Author Topic: Friction  (Read 1848 times)

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
Friction
« on: August 03, 2021, 02:43:39 PM »
It’s great when you have done such a great headshave that your glasses are hard to get on your head due to friction.

First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Friction
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »
Wow, that's a huge beard, Mike!

Another cool thing is when you try to pull your shirt over your head before getting in the shower, but how nice it slides over your freshly shaved head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 03:36:57 PM »
Weirdly my glasses are harder to take off when I've shaved, but t-shirts are easier to take off  :/O

My beard is over a foot long, figured if I can't grow in on the top of my head I'd grow it on my chin :)
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
I have had that problem, when the glasses fit a little tight the arms won’t slide on your temples. With hair they slide on.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 03:02:23 AM »
Glasses have been a constant pain.  Once they're on, they stay on but taking them off is a big deal for me.  Also want to add something funny here.  If I go a day without shaving and take off my t-shirt, my hair acts like velcro then I have to peel my shirt off.  The same goes for the toke I wear in the winter.  Peel, peel, peel.  It a tough life.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 07:54:07 AM »
The tee-shirt stubble friction is unreal.  Since I normally shave before bed, my stubble is enough to cause the friction by the next afternoon.

With glasses, my issue is not friction.  Since I only use reading glasses, I am taking them on and off all day.  I have the type that hang around my neck when not in use.  My issue is my beard hairs getting caught in the hinges and even sometime in the cracks between the frame and glass.  I don't understand how the hairs get in those cracks, but they do get stuck there.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 12:43:35 PM »
The T-shirt friction I have experienced but have never had an issue with glasses.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 04:15:12 PM »
I remember when I had hair my glasses would slip and fall off my face, and I would have to constantly adjust them. The added friction has been nice. It's almost like they get glued to the sides of my head now.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 08:39:28 AM »
It’s great when you have done such a great headshave that your glasses are hard to get on your head due to friction.

Awesome beard and perfect smooth dome!  O0

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 08:59:49 AM »
If I put on an Under Armor t-shirt anytime after twelve hours post shave, it pretty much sticks to my head

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 02:22:52 PM »
Wow, that's a huge beard, Mike!

Another cool thing is when you try to pull your shirt over your head before getting in the shower, but how nice it slides over your freshly shaved head!

That feels awesome!!!
Hahaha