Author Topic: Been hitting the gym!  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Been hitting the gym!
« on: July 02, 2021, 05:02:38 PM »
So, since shaving my head and become BBC I've made it an effort of hit the gym and gain some muscle. Let me tell ya it's been a fun journey. Having a bald head, full beard, and increase in muscle mass is a vibe. My confidence has sky rocketed, and I've gotten quit a few compliments from people really liking my new look. My head has also finally gotten that summer tan just in time for the 4th of July!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Been hitting the gym!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 08:24:22 AM »
I often hear similar stories.  We make one change, as in shaved head or beard, then others follow.  A real confidence booster.

SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 03:16:56 PM »
I started going back to the gym almost five years ago.  At 57 years old, it takes a lot more work than it used to, and the results aren’t as great as they were back in my twenties.   That’s to be expected.  I’m happy to put forth the time and effort to try and keep myself in shape.   I think that having some muscle mass compliments a bald. 

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 03:57:21 PM »
I resumed lifting last fall after after a long break of maybe a dozen years where I was mainly interested in running.  I gained too much fat from running, so I decided to do lifting and it's great, but I have ZERO sleeved shirts that fit.  Yesterday I decided to pick up a shirt because I have jury duty and I tried on an XXL and it was too tight on the arms and shoulders, I'll admit that I have too much fat on me but when I had that 360 degree mirror in the changing room I could tell I was starting to develop that "gorilla back" that real lifters get.  This has been the only time working out where I have put actual effort into back exercises since I hate them. But I got to see my back and thought, damn, that's pretty cool!
You don't know me, but I know you.