Author Topic: I am genuinely confused about effects of shaving head  (Read 14140 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: I am genuinely confused about effects of shaving head
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2021, 05:19:58 PM »
Yep!  I shaved my head when all the barber shops were closed because of the virus.  My wife offered to trim my hair but I just shaved it off myself.  After about 90 days of shaving my scalp, I decided I liked it and so did my wife so I'm still bald. 8)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2021, 09:11:42 PM »
It is Poland, if you hover your mouse over a flag on a post it tells you.

I learn something new each day , thank you.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 07:18:00 AM »
The only time I wear a hat, other than very sunny days, is if I don't shave for a couple days.

Do you get hat hair?
SlyBeard

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 07:44:59 AM »
Haha, no, never gets to that point!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2021, 01:29:42 AM »
Well, I hope you realize that if you shave your head and don't like the look, you can always put a hat on.  The hair on the head grows faster than you'd expect.  There are other alternatives to the completely bald scalp. You could buzz it down to 4mm which is pretty short but not shaven.  Actually, you can buzz it down to any length you want.  Then maybe someday when you're on vacation, you might want to bic you scalp just to see how you look.  There's no judgement here and you'll find that your friends and relatives will soon realize that  it's still you.

To be honest even if I looked like sh*t with shaved head I would not hide it with hats, I think that my mental health is far more important, and hiding something, especially looks, is just too exhausting for me.

Also, did you experience people who were saying that baldness is just horrifying? Because today I told some people that I plan to shave my head to 0mm and they were horrified by the idea of it, They said some sh*t like 'I AM SCARED OF SHAVED MEN'. Does people's attitude change when the shaving is done or do I have to just thicken up and brace for shittalking?

I’m sorry I don’t recognize the flag of your country. But in the USA shaving bald is very very common. Maybe in your country this is an odd practice. What country are you from ? Please excuse my ignorance.

I'm from Poland, where shaving head was common for criminals, military or policemen. Since I am neither of these, there is a risk I would be oddly looking

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2021, 06:37:22 AM »
Shaved heads have been so common in the USA for decades, many of us don't realize it's less common in other countries. It is really just another haircut here, and seldom even gets a comment from anyone.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2021, 02:26:14 AM »
Shaved heads have been so common in the USA for decades, many of us don't realize it's less common in other countries. It is really just another haircut here, and seldom even gets a comment from anyone.

As I found out in Poland people stil hold grudge against sly look, albeit less than before. I see many young guys who decided just to shave it, but they use huge beards, which is not my preferred look at all (I would wear a stubble like BaldCafe on Instagram). In Poland a buzzcut is more popular than sly look, but for me buzzcut is not an option (I don't like them) sooo I think slyness is a sole haircut I would do now, considering I am just 20

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2021, 05:28:17 AM »
I do like the buzzcut however, someone else has to buzz my hair because when I do it alone, I leave dark streaks and end up shaving everything off.  One point to make here.  I used to shave on a Friday evening but hair grows so fast that by the next Friday, it will be a buzzcut.  Using something like the pittbull shaver would bring it down so you won't' need to use an actual razor(unless you want to).

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2021, 05:21:44 AM »
I am confused by how people are reacting to bald (and by bald I mean shaved heads, not grown-out horseshoes). When I started losing hair in 2018, I found a forum named hairlosstalk.com, and there people are absolutely depressed about hairloss. They were telling that if you had no hair, you had no life. There was even a thread that if you are balding young then it is a sign that you should give up and rot. On the other hand, here there are voices that bald head is actually more attractive than hair, that shaving head made them actually happier and that they were perceived as better looking (not only romantically speaking but also professionally). I have many concerns because I will be the only person who is shaved in my family and social circle.

So how it is? Will shaved head make me a failure and invisible to women or it will be a no big deal? Because the mixed information I get about slyness is making my head ache.
That's kind of like saying that people with colored hair, piercings or ink have no life while to the contrary, they do have a life.  Not my cup of tea by any stretch but people do pull it off.  So anyway, I can't understand why anyone would say that a bald dude has no life.  I have a life and I'm just bald with a couple of tats on my arm(from 17 years old).  Baldness shouldn't determine if one has a life or not.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2021, 06:54:54 AM »
I am confused by how people are reacting to bald (and by bald I mean shaved heads, not grown-out horseshoes). When I started losing hair in 2018, I found a forum named hairlosstalk.com, and there people are absolutely depressed about hairloss. They were telling that if you had no hair, you had no life. There was even a thread that if you are balding young then it is a sign that you should give up and rot. On the other hand, here there are voices that bald head is actually more attractive than hair, that shaving head made them actually happier and that they were perceived as better looking (not only romantically speaking but also professionally). I have many concerns because I will be the only person who is shaved in my family and social circle.

So how it is? Will shaved head make me a failure and invisible to women or it will be a no big deal? Because the mixed information I get about slyness is making my head ache.
That's kind of like saying that people with colored hair, piercings or ink have no life while to the contrary, they do have a life.  Not my cup of tea by any stretch but people do pull it off.  So anyway, I can't understand why anyone would say that a bald dude has no life.  I have a life and I'm just bald with a couple of tats on my arm(from 17 years old).  Baldness shouldn't determine if one has a life or not.

Well, I think sly baldness is unique in its own sense, makes you even more outstanding than coloured hair. People say bald people have no life because with male pattern baldness they score no girls, be it dates or casual sex and they say it is because of going bald. Also, it was often ridiculed in my school (balding)

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2021, 08:40:11 AM »
I keep my head shaved bald by choice.   I got a few comments about it at first, but nothing negative.   I enjoy being outdoors, keeping a good tan, and trying to stay in shape.   Honestly, it’s just another haircut to me. 

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2021, 09:40:15 AM »
@chuck63 , plus 1 here. You said it, just another haircut. I'm sure it will be the same in Poland as more guys discover how great it is to sport a shaved head.

I also think more and more women are attracted to baldie. I see alot of sly guys with great looking women!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2021, 10:26:59 AM »
@chuck63 , plus 1 here. You said it, just another haircut. I'm sure it will be the same in Poland as more guys discover how great it is to sport a shaved head.

I also think more and more women are attracted to baldie. I see alot of sly guys with great looking women!

In Poland unfortunately bald dome is not the fashionable choice, people choose to have tiktok logan paul fringe cringe or some sh*t like that

I hate with a passion the fact that I still have to wait to shave my head. My scalp is still diseased, my parents are doing elaborate plots so I do not shave at all and looking at myself I get only more depressed. Even more depressed considering people beating me down telling me that I will look like sh*t with or without hair but without it will be even worse because of the fear factor coming in. I began to hate my skull shape and my face to the point I just hate looking at myself and feel I will look like utter crap without my hopeless hair. The fact that people are dissing me for balding and my desire to shave that fuss on head simultaneously drives me nuts! I feel like whatever I do it will be a crappy decision...

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2021, 01:55:06 AM »
I see lots of guys in Poland shaving their heads on Youtube...

Enter your email address: