Author Topic: I am genuinely confused about effects of shaving head  (Read 14113 times)

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
Re: I am genuinely confused about effects of shaving head
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »
Well, I hope you realize that if you shave your head and don't like the look, you can always put a hat on.  The hair on the head grows faster than you'd expect.  There are other alternatives to the completely bald scalp. You could buzz it down to 4mm which is pretty short but not shaven.  Actually, you can buzz it down to any length you want.  Then maybe someday when you're on vacation, you might want to bic you scalp just to see how you look.  There's no judgement here and you'll find that your friends and relatives will soon realize that  it's still you.
Truth be told my balding is so advanced that I think that I will go for slyness, also I am not so fond of buzzcuts (sly baldness gives that zajebisty 'clean' look, and I do not want to become ,,hat prisoner" (although I will buy a hat for my suit). The greatest shock I think will come because I have quite long hair right now, but many people said I would look good bald :D

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2021, 05:02:24 PM »
Go for it!  I guess what I'm trying to say here is you don't have to go bald all at once.  Some take it down a little bit every week as others grow accustomed to seeing you with very short hair then at the time of your choosing, you can just bic it.  At that point, others probably wouldn't even notice the difference.   In my case, my hair was shoulder length and everyone knew me that way then one day I just shaved it right down to the nut.  I think people were more surprised or confused, not knowing what to say and being all awkward and stuff.  They're used to my new look now. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2021, 09:08:13 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , I totally agree. When I decided to go super short, I did a couple different lengths of a buzzcut, and didn't like the look, so I razor ed it clean and loved it.

I had a full head of silver hair, so it was a dramatic change. Yes, there were a few questions about why I shaved, but mostly positive reactions. And it's true, after a week or two, the comments will end.

And you're right, a totally shaved head makes a statement. It not just a haircut, it's a distinct style. After 8 years, I still love it, and seldom go anywhere without a fresh smooth shave!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 01:01:46 PM »
@BaldBlindAt20 ,If you have people commenting that you would look good bald, that's good.  Yes, going from long hair to bald is a dramatic change, but it's completely manageable.  If you don't like it, you can grow your hair back to a length that's comfortable for you and it won't take very long.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 04:52:26 PM »
Well, I hope you realize that if you shave your head and don't like the look, you can always put a hat on.  The hair on the head grows faster than you'd expect.  There are other alternatives to the completely bald scalp. You could buzz it down to 4mm which is pretty short but not shaven.  Actually, you can buzz it down to any length you want.  Then maybe someday when you're on vacation, you might want to bic you scalp just to see how you look.  There's no judgement here and you'll find that your friends and relatives will soon realize that  it's still you.

To be honest even if I looked like sh*t with shaved head I would not hide it with hats, I think that my mental health is far more important, and hiding something, especially looks, is just too exhausting for me.

Also, did you experience people who were saying that baldness is just horrifying? Because today I told some people that I plan to shave my head to 0mm and they were horrified by the idea of it, They said some sh*t like 'I AM SCARED OF SHAVED MEN'. Does people's attitude change when the shaving is done or do I have to just thicken up and brace for shittalking?

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 07:58:26 AM »
Honestly, the only one that went ballistic about my bald head was my doctor but otherwise, only one other said she still couldn't get used to my shaven head.  Other than that, people generally accept me the way I am.  Some sun exposure helps even out the skin tone but just maybe a few minutes a day but not more than that.  I think you'll be surprised by how many people don't say anything.  Just yesterday my friend(who has a full head of hair with some balding) said he needed a haircut so I said so do I.  I have no problems joking with my friends about it.  To me, it's not a big deal but I've encountered a few people that don't know what to say so I ease the tension whenever I can.  This is me. 

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 09:28:19 AM »
Why did your doctor care about your bald head?
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2021, 10:24:29 AM »
The only time I wear a hat, other than very sunny days, is if I don't shave for a couple days. I feel unkempt without a smooth shaved head. If people say they are scared of shaved head guys, they have a problem! I can't imagine someone feeling like that. They must live in a perpetual state of fear, because everywhere you look these days, men are sporting great looking totally bald heads.

Yes, Clint, why did your doc freak out? Sun exposure? My doc is bald on top with the horseshoe fringe, but my last visit, he was wearing a nice shiny shaved head. I said we both got a sharp looking haircut today!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2021, 10:52:17 AM »
Why did your doctor care about your bald head?
I dunno.  He has issues I guess.  I shaved my head over 1 1/2 years ago and he still isn't used to seeing me like that so he better deal with it.  He did ask me if I used a sun block but I don't.  I'm never in the sun for long so I don't bother.  He told me that I don't want to get melanoma so maybe that's it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 10:57:47 AM by clint902 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2021, 11:10:33 AM »
About 5 years ago, I was discussing my foliculitis issue on my head with my former doc. A dermatologist wanted me to go on long term antibiotics, and I told him as long as I shaved my head daily it was gone. I said I didn't want to take antibiotics, so my doc said, well then just keep shaving your head, it looks good on you.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2021, 11:37:32 AM »

To be honest even if I looked like sh*t with shaved head I would not hide it with hats, I think that my mental health is far more important, and hiding something, especially looks, is just too exhausting for me.

Also, did you experience people who were saying that baldness is just horrifying? Because today I told some people that I plan to shave my head to 0mm and they were horrified by the idea of it, They said some sh*t like 'I AM SCARED OF SHAVED MEN'. Does people's attitude change when the shaving is done or do I have to just thicken up and brace for shittalking?

I’m sorry I don’t recognize the flag of your country. But in the USA shaving bald is very very common. Maybe in your country this is an odd practice. What country are you from ? Please excuse my ignorance.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2021, 05:30:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's Poland.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2021, 07:37:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's Poland.

Thanks!
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 02:01:46 PM »
It is Poland, if you hover your mouse over a flag on a post it tells you.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
I wonder how different wearing a shaved head is in different countries. I guess we are so mainstream here in the USA, it's hard to think guys are oppressed for choosing a hairstyle that is not acceptable. Personally, I can't believe how many guys have come over to the sly look this summer. I figured many of the men that tried a Covid headshave might decide to keep it smooth.

Enter your email address: