Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Beards

Poll - Where do you shave?

(1/3) > >>

Razorhead:
I shave in the shower but had to stop because I need to get a new mirror! So i started shaving at the bathroom sink again, and what a mess! Water all over the place. So I got curious about where you guys prefer to shave.

My first head shaves were at the sink and tried doing it with a hand mirror leading to a bloody mess. I realized then the trick is to skip the hand mirror and rely on feel! Eventually, you’ll get the hang of it.

reddog:
Almost always in the shower, by feel. If I want to take my time with my double edge safety razor, I don't in front of the mirror.

In July, I have a 3 day car show that I have to leave each day by 5:30am, so it wake up and out the door in 15 minutes. I think I'll just bring my electronic shaver with, and shave when I get there. I'm not sure if I will shave in front of my buddies, or find a restroom.

clint902:
I shave in the bathroom but I don't use the mirror because I don't need it.  I go by feel.  I used to make a mess of the bathroom with a wet shave but most of it happened when I rinsed off so today I tried using a damp washcloth to take off the bulk of whatever stuff I had on my head, then rinse it out then wipe down again then until my scalp is squeaky clean.

slybeard:
I voted in the shower with a mirror.  But is is mostly be feel.  I rely on the mirror primarily shave the line at the top of my sideburns, as well as to get as close as possible to the top of my ears.

Which brings up a question.  My hair grow extends to the top of my ear, with a few hairs actually on my ear itself.  It is impossible to shave it, and I have to use a small trimmer (the type for ear and nose hair trimming) ever week or so to clean up those spots.  Not that I spend much time observing other guys hair lines at the top of their ears, but the few that I have seen seem to have a gap between their hair line and their ear.  Am I just a freak of nature, or do some of you have this ear problem area?

MoonageDaydream:

--- Quote from: slybeard on June 09, 2021, 02:23:26 PM ---I voted in the shower with a mirror.  But is is mostly be feel.  I rely on the mirror primarily shave the line at the top of my sideburns, as well as to get as close as possible to the top of my ears.

Which brings up a question.  My hair grow extends to the top of my ear, with a few hairs actually on my ear itself.  It is impossible to shave it, and I have to use a small trimmer (the type for ear and nose hair trimming) ever week or so to clean up those spots.  Not that I spend much time observing other guys hair lines at the top of their ears, but the few that I have seen seem to have a gap between their hair line and their ear.  Am I just a freak of nature, or do some of you have this ear problem area?

--- End quote ---

I have this exact problem with my right ear. It’s only a few little hairs but they become noticeable after about two weeks. They’re completely impossible to shave. My wife tweezed them for me the other day. (Shudders)

As for the main poll question, I shave my head in the shower by feel. I don’t have a shower mirror.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version