Author Topic: Lk-6300  (Read 2227 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Lk-6300
« on: May 26, 2021, 05:51:45 AM »
I just got the LK-6300 with 6 heads and it does a pretty decent job.  The prices range from $15-$59 however, the $15 one charges another $15 for shipping but the $59 one has no shipping charge.  I really like the 6 heads.  I compared it to my pitbull which does a terrible job and I don't know why(I was ready to throw it out).  I'm thinking that it probably just has a bad head on it which happens sometimes.

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Lk-6300
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 09:16:10 AM »
I've been looking at those rotary headshavers, and wanted to try one. My old Remington triple head is getting really old. The reviews for the rotaryS aren't really good.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 10:48:07 AM »
I recently purchased a Freedom Grooming rotary shaver.  It works ok for what I bought it for, which is a quick shave when I don’t have time for a razor.  It does a good job, but I haven’t found anything that shaves as close as a razor. I received it in about 4-5 working days with no shipping charges.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 01:04:09 PM »
The one I got has 5 attachments that come with it.  I like the rubber scrubber thing that goes in the shaver because it helps clean my scalp good prior to shaving with a blade.  I use this thing while I'm having my morning coffee and brings the hair down pretty close so when I use that scrubber thing to clean then do my razor shave, my hair is so much easier to shave.  I figured ah, so what the heck!  So I got one for myself.  No where as good as a blade but makes the whole shaving process much easier.  I can't go a single day without shaving with a razor.  It's something new to try.  However it is after all, an electric shaver.  I've used it both wet and dry and doesn't seem to make any difference either way.  It gets it close enough and is good in a pinch when I don't have the time or energy for a full razor shave.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
I've been looking at those rotary headshavers, and wanted to try one. My old  triple head is getting really old. The reviews for the rotaryS aren't really good.
My advice is: Don't spend a ton of money on one because the more expensive ones won't necessarily give you a better shave.  I can't speak to the longevity of the cheaper shavers but I feel it's better to buy a cheap one that works good for a month than to spend a lot of money for something you want to throw in the trash can after one use.  The shaver I got comes under several names so no matter what place you get it from, it's still the same shaver.  Weird, I know. :/O

Online reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 07:56:48 AM »
Thanks for the advice! Yes, I see alot of very cheap ones that look alike. I also want replacement parts available too. My old Remington is 11 or 12 years old and the charge isn't lasting as long as it used to. I've replaced the blades and screens many times, so I definitely got my $$$ worth with this shaver.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 08:31:59 AM »
I'd probably try replacing the batteries if possible.  The shaver might not be waterproof after that but It might be worth a try anyway.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 06:38:43 AM »
I got a nick on my head a couple of days ago so I've been using the lk-6300 as a stand in and I'm liking it more and more.  I still prefer a razor shave but this electric does a pretty decent job when the razor shave isn't possible.

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 02:02:17 PM »
My advice is: Don't spend a ton of money on one because the more expensive ones won't necessarily give you a better shave.  I can't speak to the longevity of the cheaper shavers but I feel it's better to buy a cheap one that works good for a month than to spend a lot of money for something you want to throw in the trash can after one use.  The shaver I got comes under several names so no matter what place you get it from, it's still the same shaver.  Weird, I know. :/O

Thanks for this, I looked at the skull shaver and it's £100 plus and can't really justify that amount of £
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Enter your email address: