Discussions About Being Bald > Advantages and Disadvantages to being Bald

Advantage cueball

<< < (2/4) > >>

Magoo:
Not to be a party pooper here , but watch the top of your heads in the summer sun. You can do a lot of sun damage especially at mid day when the sun is highest. Skin cancer is real.

clint902:

--- Quote from: Magoo on May 17, 2021, 01:12:08 PM ---Not to be a party pooper here , but watch the top of your heads in the summer sun. You can do a lot of sun damage especially at mid day when the sun is highest. Skin cancer is real.

--- End quote ---
God yes!

reddog:
Definitely realize when you need protection. Sunblock and a hat should always be at hand. I start early spring, 15 minutes at a time. I'm part French so with a dark complexion I seldom burn. I do notice guys with their first headshave, and a very white scalp, and I usually warn them about how easy the can burn.

Wiremu:

--- Quote from: Magoo on May 17, 2021, 01:12:08 PM ---Not to be a party pooper here , but watch the top of your heads in the summer sun. You can do a lot of sun damage especially at mid day when the sun is highest. Skin cancer is real.

--- End quote ---

Here in Perth, the summers are brutal. In my very early days of head shaving I made the mistake of getting sunburn on the head. I will never do that again. I always have a bandanna under my bike helmet and in my gear if I head out. It was a very painful lesson to learn.

clint902:
I usually spend a few minutes in the sun every day when I walk down to the point and back but after that, I usually spend the rest of the day at my friends backyard where he has a couple of massive umbrellas.  Either that or I'm in the house.  I do have a good tan on my face and head.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version