Author Topic: Hairstyles have really changed!  (Read 7179 times)

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Hairstyles have really changed!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2021, 08:42:48 AM »
When I grew my hair back several times, I liked cutting my own flattop. But, like you say Rusty, it takes alot of maintenance. I would find something to touch up every few days. Then, at some point I wouldn't like how it was looking, so I went back to shaving.

That's a great looking flattop!  But the maintenance  is what kills all sort hairstyles other than shaving bald.  Even when I would just use the clippers to cut it at an even length it's was still a PITA because the guard would poke into my skin or the hair would be laying one direction and require going over 15 times to get cut. 
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Hairstyles have really changed!
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2021, 08:46:35 AM »
I've been on a Karate Kid / Cobra Kai kick for a few weeks now, and seriously, if you have not seen Cobra Kai you've gotta see it.  It's an amazing show in its own right, and the way it connects to 3 movies made nearly 30 years ago is just brilliant.

Anyway, I watched The Next Karate Kid (aka Karate Kid 4).  This was not the remake from a decade ago but the one where Mr. Myagi trains a teenage girl.  In it she has a boyfriend with that 1970s bushy haircut that goes over the ears that we mentioned, and he looks like a 40 year old man because of it.  The weird thing is that the film was from 1994 and male hairstyles from then and now are very similar.
You don't know me, but I know you.