Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Trimming Your Head/Hair

Borderline Norwood Phase 5 Want to grow again...

<< < (2/7) > >>

DoberDaddy:
I assume that the "beard growth" shampoo and conditioner that you wasted your money on will do the same job on your head, like your face. It won't do anything but empty your wallet ad waste your time.

Grow your hair out, fine.... why not.

MarkMusicNYC:
Not trying to be discouraging, just want to make you aware of the facts. As DoberDaddy pointed out, topical "growth" potions (shampoos, conditioners, serums, etc.) don't work. They actually CAN'T work, since they can't reach under the scalp where your hair loss is actually happening. Derma rolling is equally ineffective. So please don't put a lot of hope in these things making any kind of real difference.

SILBaldguy:
Derma-Rolling/Scalp Massage or more specifically scalp stimulation 'is said' to enhance blood flow and therefore more oxygen and nutrients to the hair, plus that it might encourage some cells in the scalp to regenerate hair follicles. No scientific evidence neither for or against these ideas, and it's probably all 'snake oil' anyway. But if it gives the illusion of improvement and one keeps expectations low, I really don't see the harm other than the wasted money. As for the shampoo I have noticed a difference and actually had photos I posted on to another beard forum that when I used the shampoo it made my beard appear thicker/fuller/longer than before I used it. The vitamin D deficiency and the cannabis use mostly edibles and tinctures as well as butters is perhaps the most interesting as that is ingested as well as the vitamin. I'm I expecting to grow inches of hair a month or regain a full head of hair in the areas I lost because of it? No, not at all. It could all be illusion due to smaller thinner hairs actually getting a chance to grow as opposed to being shaved off before they can even be visible. They just aren't visible in the 'stubble' due to being light enough not to notice until you've grown them out a bit, like say a month or more.

If nothing else and my baldness decides to make a resurgence and result in more hair loss I can always fall back to a skullet. Not the most popular and seemingly quite despised hair style for sure, but it's an option. After all MPB can't take it all away. It's mainly all an exercise in experimentation anyway. After all only live once as far as anyone knows/remembers. Can always switch back to bald if and when I get sick of it all. I can at least said I tried it.

SILBaldguy:

--- Quote from: MarkMusicNYC on February 07, 2021, 03:06:54 PM ---Not trying to be discouraging, just want to make you aware of the facts. As DoberDaddy pointed out, topical "growth" potions (shampoos, conditioners, serums, etc.) don't work. They actually CAN'T work, since they can't reach under the scalp where your hair loss is actually happening. Derma rolling is equally ineffective. So please don't put a lot of hope in these things making any kind of real difference.

--- End quote ---

Yet Rogaine Minoxidil does work at least for some guys and that doesn't go deep in your scalp. If it can have an effect, yet other chemicals can't don't make sense to me. I really don't see the difference here other than one is a medication and the other stuff is not. 

reddog:
It doesn't hurt to experiment a little. I think everyone should wear their hair however they wish. Like you say, you always have the option to go back to shaving. It would be awfully weird if everyone looked the same.

Sidenote, we have a severe cold spell going on here, high yesterday of -2 degrees! I haven't shaved in 12 days for warmth. I trimmed it to a high and tight horseshoe flattop, but hoping the temps improve next week. I'm thinking about going for a barbershop headshave in a couple weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version