Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Trimming Your Head/Hair

Borderline Norwood Phase 5 Want to grow again...

(1/7) > >>

SILBaldguy:
My has time flown, it's been almost 5 years since I've last posted here and hard to believe I've been bald all that time! That was until this month, this year when on the 6th of January I decide to try and grow out my balding/thinning hair, which seems to be a thing a lot of bald/balding guys are doing on the inter-webs. My back and sides are still pretty thick and growing, but my top and crown region is where the balding is at, namely the temples, and crown with only a 'Y' pattern of thinning hair connecting it all to my sides, which I believe is Norwood Phase 4/borderline phase 5. I was Phase 3 (v) originally when I started shaving my head @ age 28, now age 34 so I've balded a bit more in that time, but not horrifically fast. Unlike other guys on the internet that grew their hair for a month, I'm looking to go big as in long. I haven't had long hair since senior year in high school at age 18/19 when it was shoulder length before I ended up cutting it just prior to graduation.

I've been using a beard growth shampoo and conditioner combo on both my scalp and of course my beard along with taking a hair/skin/and nails supplement and vitamin D3 the latter of which I'm actually deficient in. I'm also a medical cannabis patient for anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, and migraines. Now 6 days shy of a month in to my hair growing adventure I can see what might be looking like a few new hairs sprouting up in the temple area, and even a few in the crown area, but it's still pretty sparse there. I'm trying to avoid minoxidil/rogaine as well as other 'drug' treatments due to risk of side effects and some people having at least some success in 'natural' remedies. I'm also entertaining the idea of using a derma-roller as there seems to be some evidence that it can help kick off new hair growth or at least stave off farther loss.

Do you guys have any suggestions or tips I can try to maximize my results or at least speed up growth for the hair I still have?

Razor X:

--- Quote from: SILBaldguy on February 01, 2021, 08:16:34 PM ---
Do you guys have any suggestions or tips I can try to maximize my results or at least speed up growth for the hair I still have?

--- End quote ---

No.

clint902:
I don't know what to say. 

reddog:
Good luck, it will be very hard to transition back to hair, or whatever you have left of it.

I have tried many times, but after a few weeks, several things come into play.

I definitely miss the shaving routine. Then I'll see several guys with great looking shaved heads and have "bald" envy. Then as my white hair grows in, I think it makes me look OLD! Most of all, I miss the feel of a smooth head.

The good thing is, when I get the razor out and shave it smooth again, I feel and look "normal" again.

Goatee:
Embrace the bald look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version