Author Topic: Hairy body=bald head?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Hairy body=bald head?
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:21:55 PM »
I have a pretty hair body. Some of my buddies are similar, and they've lost the hair on their heads just like me. And they can grow a good beard as well. It seems like guys I know who aren't particularly hairy tend to have full heads of hair. My brother is ten years older than me, doesn't have chest hair, can't grow a beard, but still has all of his hair. Thoughts?

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
Re: Hairy body=bald head?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 06:28:26 PM »
It's funny you say that because I shave my head by choice. But when I did have hair, it was full and thick. It was annoying and grew so fast hence my choice to try shaving my head. However, I can barely grow facial hair. I only have a patch of chest hair, some hair around my belly button, very faint and little hair on my arms, and a little of bit hair on my legs below the knee. I do not shave my body hair. Meanwhile, I see naturally bald men who have tons of back hair and essentially hair everywhere else.

I wonder what the science behind that is!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:23:42 AM »
I think there is all kinds of variation in head hair and body hair . Myself head and body hair ,spare in both areas. And I prefer it that way.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
pretty thick body hair here. prob earliest in high school to get chest hair. is THAT why the f**k i'm bald?  :D

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
pretty thick body hair here. prob earliest in high school to get chest hair. is THAT why the f**k i'm bald?  :D

I'm the same way! I had a chest covered with hair at 15 lol.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »

I'm the same way! I had a chest covered with hair at 15 lol.
i was on swim team. and the only kid w/ chest hair. the other guys had BALD chests. LOL.

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 01:06:14 AM »
Yeah I can pretty much grow plenty of hair everywhere but the top of my head, and matured young, I have been sporting facial hair most of the time since the age of 15 (not just the wannabe fuzz, that came at 13)
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline DAMMAG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 03:26:25 AM »
Early and plentiful chest hair here. And early bald. I think there might be a correlation!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 06:20:23 AM »
I think there may be a correlation, but as with most correlation, there are exceptions.  I know bald guys that cannot grow facial hair, and I assume they have light body hair.  And there are some guys with a full carpet on their body and they still have a full head of hair.

My body hair and my facial hair appeared later in life.  In my early 20's, I had almost no facial hair or body hair.  Now in my mid 50's, I have hair everywhere, but not heavy or thick.
SlyBeard

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
Early and plentiful chest hair here. And early bald. I think there might be a correlation!
sounds like me.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 11:44:16 AM »
My buddy's dad calls this the "landslide effect"
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
My buddy's dad calls this the "landslide effect"
LOL. seriously true more often than not.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »
Seems that is correlated (is true in my case haha).

If you can grow a decent beard, you're probably going to experience hair loss or go completely bald.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »
There is a strong relationship between the two.  Body hair and scalp hair are very different with body hair being considered androgen hair which means it develops in response to male hormones like testosterone and the extra strong DHT.  Your cells have receptors to respond to these hormones.  Except for the bottom of the feet and palms, the body is covered with tiny body hair that are programmed to respond to the male hormones: some do nothing while other develop (I think its based on the number of receptors the follicles have based on genetics and where they are on the body). This is why hair on the forehead (literal forehead) rarely ever grow but hair on the chest, back and chin do.

On the other hand your scalp hairs also respond to these male hormones but do so by withering away to nothing.  On the scalp, some hairs are more responsive to the hormones than others with the back being more resistant to the top.

This is why guys blessed with abundant body hair tend to go bald: the very thing that fueled their body hair growth is basically toxic to scalp hair.  This is also why guys with thick heads of hair well into adulthood are often screwed in the body hair dept.

Unicorns are interesting.  For example a middle-age friend of mine has enough facial hair to grow 10 beards but also has thick head of hair with a low hairline.  I also have known people who are balding and can't grow a beard either.  It really comes down to how your particular hairs respond to the hormones.
You don't know me, but I know you.