Author Topic: Winter is coming  (Read 9246 times)

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Winter is coming
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2022, 02:22:36 PM »
I’ll have to say winter is here!  It’s currently 27 degrees in the afternoon here in Georgia.  We don’t get too many cold days like this.   I know that it’s a lot colder for you guys up north.   This is my third winter as a bald guy.  I let my hair grow to a short buzz for several winters before I decided to commit to keep my head shaved full time.  I’ve been doing some running around today and the cold air actually feels pretty good on my uncovered head.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2022, 06:15:29 PM »
The  head either needs to be shaved or at least a few days of growth to get out of the sandpaper stage. If you need to wear a a knit hat, sandpaper is the worst.

But agreed. A nice chill on a naked head is a nice feeling. I’ve spend many cold, bald headed days without a knit hat.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2022, 12:23:21 AM »
It's getting down to 18ºC at night, so I have switched to my "winter hair".. LOL.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2022, 09:27:42 PM »
The great thing about having a shaved head is that it makes it so easy to put a stocking cap on and off and stay warm and not have to worry about messing up your hair!
We had a high temperature Christmas Eve of -2 and the windchill of 30 below !  That’s serious cold and if you break down on the side of a deserted highway you’re not gonna survive.  My poor service dog is it from Florida and she doesn’t like cold weather and with her we were walking through the frozen slush of the city streets of Chicago she started crying and limping because her paws hurt so badly from the cold.  So I haven’t taken her out since because I don’t wanna hurt her will just stay at home

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2022, 06:39:21 PM »
@Semi-Sly you need to get her some dog booties, they are pretty cheap online and help with snow. Mushers wax will help with regular walks on ice or snow as well.