Author Topic: Winter is coming  (Read 9255 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Winter is coming
« on: November 21, 2020, 08:33:16 PM »
Since going bbc over the summer, I kept telling myself I would grow out my hair for the winter. So, I started to let it grow out, but couldn't last a few until I had to shave it back smooth. Have any of you guys found this dilemma? I find it really interesting that I now prefer being bald than having hair.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Winter is coming
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 05:14:47 AM »
Oh yeah, I try to warn newbies about that! Yes, wearing a shaved head is definitely addictive. Over the years, I've tried to grow my hair back countless times. I usually make it a few weeks, then I can't stand it and shave it.

While I don't like how I look with white hair, I think I miss the feel of a totally smooth head more. Or I'll see a few guys with shaved heads, and I get bald head envy. So, us cold weather guys just have to get out the winter hats and enjoy keeping it smooth!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 08:12:11 AM »
I’ve grown out my hair the past couple of winters after shaving my head.  I stopped shaving in September.  I couldn’t resist the urge to be bald, so I shaved again a little over a week ago.  The winters in Georgia aren’t that bad.  As a matter of fact, the cold air feels good on my bare scalp!

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 08:18:29 AM »
I also was getting a little bald envy lol. My family has asked me what I plan to do, but I don't think I can go back to hair yet. This might mean I'm hooked, and I'll be sly for the foreseeable future. I also agree that the cool air is quit refreshing!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
Yes, runningman, sounds like you're hooked! Luckily, I'm at the age where I do what I want, dress like I want, and wear the hairstyle I want. I would like to have hair in the winter for warmth, but it's got to be smooth every day.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »
I'm retired so going outside isn't a big deal but if it's super cold and windy, I put on my toke.  I know a toke isn't stylish but frankly, who cares?  I also have a full face toke for when I use the snowblower because sometimes snow flies in my face.  So anyway, I don't have any need to grow my hair for the winter.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
Yeah @reddog I've enjoyed the mental switch from liking hair to liking bald more. The sand paper feel is starting to drive me crazy. So, I've been doing daily shaves to make sure to keep everything nice and smooth. I've also been bald long enough now that people are starting to tell me they forget what I looked like with hair; whitch, I find kind of cool.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 09:43:29 PM »
 Yes if indeed; “ winter is coming”,  then don’t grow hair,  just, “send a raven”!

But seriously though it’s so much easier to wear a hat in cold weather with a bald head because you don’t have to worry about recombine  your hair each time you pull your hat off!

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
Hey everyone! Hope everyone had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving! I'm 7 months being bald and loving it.

Winter hat question: This is my first winter being bald, and I live in Chicago, so I need some good hat recommendations. I usually wear a beanie/toque, since I need to cover my ears, but I'm finding that the ribs on the beanies are leaving marks on my head. Anyone have any good, warm winter hat suggestions that won't leave marks? I prefer beanie/toque style, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks and be well, everyone!

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 10:48:08 AM »
@Jerome that's interesting that your hats are leaving indentations in your head. Since that's the case, I would say maybe lean toward something with a cloth lining. So, that way you can still have the beanie look on the outside, but have a layer of smooth fabric to protect your bald head. It also seems like we went sly around the same time too. Glad to know that I won't be the only bald newbie going into this winter season. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 11:06:42 AM »
@Jerome , I found a great hat for winter. The knit hats wouldn't stay on my head, slid off without hair to hold it on. I found a "trapper hat". It is fur lined with ear flaps and it has a buckle strap for under the chin. I love it for cold days!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 11:35:50 AM »
@Jerome Not sure of its name, but has same shape as baseball hat , is lined and has ear flaps. Comes in plaids and solid colors.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 11:38:12 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 02:09:28 PM »
@Jerome that's interesting that your hats are leaving indentations in your head. Since that's the case, I would say maybe lean toward something with a cloth lining. So, that way you can still have the beanie look on the outside, but have a layer of smooth fabric to protect your bald head. It also seems like we went sly around the same time too. Glad to know that I won't be the only bald newbie going into this winter season.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I probably just need to keep searching for one with a better liner. Glad being bald is going well for you, too!

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 02:11:27 PM »
@Jerome , I found a great hat for winter. The knit hats wouldn't stay on my head, slid off without hair to hold it on. I found a "trapper hat". It is fur lined with ear flaps and it has a buckle strap for under the chin. I love it for cold days!

I looked at them online and they seem like a good option. Thanks for the suggestion! Can you share a link for the one you found?

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2020, 02:12:26 PM »
@Jerome Not sure of its name, but has same shape as baseball hat , is lined and has ear flaps. Comes in plaids and solid colors.

I think I know what you mean. I'll check them out, thanks!