Author Topic: I gouged my head!  (Read 2050 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
I gouged my head!
« on: October 21, 2020, 06:35:56 PM »
 Well, it was bound to happen at some point. :-[  I'm not sure how or why but this is the first time for me and I feel terrible about it!  I guess I'll be using my electric until this thing heals up.  I know it will heal up but today I was ashamed to go outside without a hat!  My friend told me to take the hat off and let it breath.  He's a pretty cool guy but it's still a look that bothers me a lot.  I keep telling myself "it will heal, it will heal"

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: I gouged my head!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 10:18:56 PM »
 Not to worry that thing just happens now and again it could be the angle of the blade in the cartridge it could be momentary muscle twitch it could be that it caught on a little pimple or growth on your scalp but it will heal very quickly because it’s a great blood supply on your scalp.   And remember it’s all of us who have shaved our heads have learned people are really looking at us or our heads that much anyway.   All too often we are self-conscious for no good reason at all

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 06:47:16 AM »
Ouch!  The last time I did that was the day before my son's wedding.  I had to get my wife to put some of her concealer on it from her make-up kit to cover the ugly scab.  But, other than having to be in the wedding, it did not bother me to leave it visible.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »
Not sure but I believe you have said you shave with a DE razor .  That’s one of the reasons I use a disposable. Been shaving for ten years, can say I have yet to do any real damage . A nick now an then , at least so far. I take blood thinner medicine, and even a little cut can be trouble some.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 06:26:47 PM »
Not sure but I believe you have said you shave with a DE razor .  That’s one of the reasons I use a disposable. Been shaving for ten years, can say I have yet to do any real damage . A nick now an then , at least so far. I take blood thinner medicine, and even a little cut can be trouble some.
As of a couple of weeks ago I've been using a DE and hadn't had more that a very small nick but when I got the gouge, I was using my merker slant so I'm not gonna use the slant anymore.  Just doesn't work well for me.  Yesterday I used my electric to prevent my hair from growing out of control yet avoiding the gouge.  I'm not taking a blood thinner but I am taking aspirin under doctors orders.  The gouge is healing up nicely and is hardly visible now.  I'll give a few more days to heal.  In the mean time, I'll continue to shave around it.