New Member Section > Lurkers and New Members Read This

Am I alone here?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sir Harry:
I think I know the reason why:

With social media gaining more and more popularity, and with SBG now having a Facebook page, it seems that more people are communicating through the various Facebook groups on head shaving, including SBG. Social media is not for everyone, and there's no wrong answer as to whether on not to participate on social media, Facebook specifically, but it seems like the SBG Facebook page is getting a lot more activity than the site. Maybe myself and the other mods could do a better job of promoting the site on Facebook.

clint902:
Yeah, I've used facebook many times but it's just not the same.  Someone will post something then I never see it again.  An actual forum is much better in my opinion.

Semi-Sly:
O The term “social media” is a misnomer .   It is in fact anti-social media!

People who use such sights live in early one square inch of the world . 
 People on those groups simply surround themselves with a small group of other people who think exactly like they do in order to validate themselves !   They cut themselves off from the rest of the world they never get to discuss things with people who think differently than they do and therefor never learn anything!   And I’ve noticed on those so-called social media sites whenever anyone disagrees with people rather than engage in a thoughtful discussion they simply hurl epithets at one another and then “unfriend” the people who have disagreed with them!

I am proud to say that I never use such sites.

JimHLA:
Not to make you all jealous, but today I had a nice relaxing
Barber shop straight razor head shave. I only been shaving for s couple months but
I Have appreciated the advise from the forum. I also asked my barber to make it as
shiny as possible!

clint902:
Ok, I'm jealous :)   unfortunately we don't have any barbers where I live, only hair stylists.  These places say it's bad for business so there you have it.  I started shaving again when everything shut down because of the virus and I couldn't get a haircut so I cut it myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version