Author Topic: Thinking of going bald  (Read 3396 times)

Offline GreginU.P

• Learning the way of Sly
Thinking of going bald
« on: October 07, 2020, 03:01:38 PM »
Hi my name is Greg and I am 43 years old. I not balding and actually have a full head of hair, but I like the look of being bald and I done it before in the past . When I shave my head in the past I get a shadow of where my dark hair was.
   Anyway been thinking of shaving my head again and maybe using some kind of hair removal after shaving as far as I can get .  Any suggestions or products would be helpful ,  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 03:03:15 PM by GreginU.P »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Thinking of going bald
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 06:10:02 AM »
Hi Greg, welcome to the group! So, you want to be a baldie huh? Cool, a great hairstyle.

I'm BBC too, but no shadow at all with the grey hair. When you get a good shaving routine down, and can shave against the grain, it will minimize the shadow. Getting a nice tan on your head will help, too. I would stay away from any chemicals or hair removal products, I've heard they can burn you skin.

I wouldn't worry about some shadow. I kinda like it on some guys. It shows you are BBC, and you have the guts to shave a full head of hair. Let's see some before and after pictures.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 07:36:29 AM »
Hi my name is Greg and I am 43 years old. I not balding and actually have a full head of hair, but I like the look of being bald and I done it before in the past . When I shave my head in the past I get a shadow of where my dark hair was.
   Anyway been thinking of shaving my head again and maybe using some kind of hair removal after shaving as far as I can get .  Any suggestions or products would be helpful ,  :)

I have tried the hair removal products on my head before, and they do not remove the hair below the skin level, and they do not get the hair as close as a good multi-blade cartridge.  So using it after a shave I do not think would do anything to reduce the shadow and would likely burn your skin.  The natural oils on your skin are what protect the skin from being burned by the hair removal chemicals.  You should wait at least 24 hours after using soap products or any other type of wash before using hair removal solutions because they strip away the natural oils.  If you shave first, you will strip the oils away and set yourself up for a chemical burn.

So, for the closet shave with the least shadow, stick to the razor blade.  If you shave it routinely, you will improve your shaving technique and reduce the shadow. 

The only other options for less shadow are expensive laser treatments that may be permanent, or using an epilator that is very painful and may be permanent as well.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 08:10:00 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 05:12:49 AM »
I never had any luck with hair removal products.  They burned my skin and left me with stubble.  Over time with razor shaving, the gray became barely noticeable so I just keep shaving.  It takes awhile for the lily white scalp to acclimate to the outside world and acquire the same tone as the rest of the face but once that happens, it's wonderful.

Enter your email address: