Discussions About Being Bald > 30 Day Rule / Beginners Section

2nd Week Down and Feeling More Confident

(1/4) > >>

steve69:
I celebrated my second week of the 30 day challenge with a straight razor head shave at the barber shop yesterday. I'm loving how the shaved head feels when I'm exercising. Not sure if I'll keep the look permanently, but definitely for a while.

reddog:
It looks awesome, Steve! Keep it for 90 days and you might get hooked. You have a perfect head to wear the baldie style. How did you like the barbershop shave?

steve69:

--- Quote from: reddog on September 30, 2020, 10:35:21 AM ---It looks awesome, Steve! Keep it for 90 days and you might get hooked. You have a perfect head to wear the baldie style. How did you like the barbershop shave?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, @reddog! I've honestly struggled a bit with the change from having hair to going Sly, but I've gotten a lot of positive feedback. And a lot of those comments have been on having the perfect head shape to pull off the shaved head look. It's just a pretty dramatic change from the "surfer" look I had going on just before the head shave to the law enforcement look I have now, but it's growing on me, if you'll pardon the pun.

The first head shave at the barber shop a couple weeks ago was honestly a little rough, especially when the hair came off and I saw the new Sly me in the mirror. The second one on Tuesday went a lot better and I was a lot more confident looking at myself in the mirror. It was actually really relaxing and the barber got it super smooth, which is something I never seem to be able to do at home.

So yeah, I'm going to try to stick it out for a while and see if I can get more comfortable with the new look.

slybeard:
Barber shop shaves can be a real treat.  But with practice, you will eventually be able to get it just as close yourself.  It does take some time to adjust to the change in the mirror, especially since you had so much hair to loose.  It is a big change for you.

reddog:
I had the beach bum look too. Those days are gone, and I look forward everyday to my morning headshave. It's awesome to feel a totally smooth head!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version