Author Topic: Wife wants me to shave bald  (Read 3465 times)

Offline eldhok

• Learning the way of Sly
Wife wants me to shave bald
« on: September 12, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
My hair’s been thinning to a Norwood 3, and I’ve shaved before, but wasn’t so sure on the look. My wife thinks I’d look better completely bald but I’m still on the fence.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Wife wants me to shave bald
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »
Wow! If you have a wife that supports you shaving, what are you waiting for? You can read the info here on the 30 day rule. Keep your head shaved for 30 days so you and other people can adapt to the change, then decide if you want to keep it.

Keep in mind you're asking a bunch of guys that love sporting a shaved head, and think bald is beautiful! Once you find a shaving routine that you like, and there is tons of info here to help. Nothing feels better than a completely smooth shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »
yeah buddy count your blessings.  usually it’s the wives that are afraid of change and want to stay in control.  A lot of wives are afraid of their husbands sporting an assertive, masculine look!

If your wife is telling you to do it she really doesn’t like the way you look with the thinning hair.  she’s trying to tell you what even some of your best friends won’t tell you - that you don’t look good as a “victim” of “balding” - but that you will look good if you “choose” a shaved head as your hairstyle!  so go for it dude!! but you absolutely have to commit to the 30 day rule otherwise you might make a “reactive” decision instead of a an “informed choice”!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 01:19:09 AM »
Go for it.  As the other have said it takes some time to get used to the look whicvh is most probably why when you have shaved before you didnt stay shaved.  You wont look back after 30days, freedom from worry

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 09:17:32 AM »
My wife prefers me with hair, but she doesn’t mind me keeping my head shaved either.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 12:34:08 PM »
my wife likes me either way but says I have a great looking head bald thats one of the reasons why I shave my head.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 01:40:09 PM »
The day I first shaved my head my girlfriend was shocked. Later that day, I was wondering how long it would take to grow back as it was supposed to be a one time shave, and she said "I think you should keep it that way, I love it" ! Several months later she wanted me to grow the hair back, but I was completely hooked by then. She's long gone, and 7 years later I'm still shaved bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 02:54:37 PM »
If your wife is encouraging you to shave it, then by all means, give her a big kiss and start shaving.  Wives opinions (fears) are normally one of the largest obstacles to a guy shaving.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 06:06:27 AM »
You said you're "on the fence" but I remind you it's not like getting a tattoo and isn't permanent unless you want to continue shaving.  It's not a big deal for me but it's all about what you're comfortable with.

Offline professor

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 11:58:26 AM »
If your still on the fence start by buzzing it down with a #1 or lower to get a sense for the look. Once you adapt there is a good chance you will get the urge to shave it off. Sometimes it is best to ease in but once you start shaving you will get hooked. Good luck!