Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Safety Razor Head Shaving

Razor options for Merkur Futur-Goodbye HBs

(1/3) > >>

LeatherHelmets:
The cost of buying HB 4's for my HB ATX has risen over the last 4 years.  Today it would cost 49.00 USD to buy 4 blades packaged off  Mx, and that's with free shipping.  Mexico has a 16% tax, along with import fees.

So as of today I'm on my last HB 4.   I use Astra SP with my Merkur for face shaving.  A little too sharp for my head though, after a "good gouge"
So any recommendations on a milder blade for the Merkur for head shaving.
Thanks.

reddog:
The Astra SP is my go to blade for headshaving. Very seldom get a kick with them. I tried the Feather blades as I heard they were sharper, and I don't like them. Always seem to get a kick with the Feathers. I use a 1954 Gillette Tech double edge.

LeatherHelmets:
Thanks for feedback, I may end up just staying with the Astra SP, take my time.   Live with some blood. 

Magoo:

--- Quote from: reddog on August 28, 2020, 11:07:22 AM ---The Astra SP is my go to blade for headshaving. Very seldom get a kick with them. I tried the Feather blades as I heard they were sharper, and I don't like them. Always seem to get a kick with the Feathers. I use a 1954  Tech double edge.

--- End quote ---
Coincidentally, I use a 1954 Gillette super speed , but only on my face. It was my fathers, and he’s been gone since 1967. My first DE is lost and gone.

Magoo:

--- Quote from: LeatherHelmets on August 28, 2020, 09:53:16 AM ---The cost of buying HB 4's for my HB ATX has risen over the last 4 years.  Today it would cost 49.00 USD to buy 4 blades packaged off  Mx, and that's with free shipping.  Mexico has a 16% tax, along with import fees.

So as of today I'm on my last HB 4.   I use Astra SP with my Merkur for face shaving.  A little too sharp for my head though, after a "good gouge"
So any recommendations on a milder blade for the Merkur for head shaving.
Thanks.

--- End quote ---
My personal advice is to not shave your head with a DE . It takes a lot longer and extreme care for that purpose. I personally use a 2 blade disposable andhave no problem at all. Barbasol disposable is sharp and I can get 10 shaves with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version