Author Topic: Brief Backslide  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Jerome

• Sly Jr.
Brief Backslide
« on: August 16, 2020, 02:33:34 PM »
I briefly considered letting my hair (what's left of it) grow out and didn't shave for a week, thinking I might just keep a short buzz cut. But, after a week, I couldn't stand the feeling of fuzz and missed having a smooth head, so I shaved again this weekend and I'm much happier (and I think it looks better, too). I think I'm fully converted to being bald. It's now been almost 4 months since my first complete shave.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Brief Backslide
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 03:20:45 PM »
I briefly considered letting my hair (what's left of it) grow out and didn't shave for a week, thinking I might just keep a short buzz cut. But, after a week, I couldn't stand the feeling of fuzz and missed having a smooth head, so I shaved again this weekend and I'm much happier (and I think it looks better, too). I think I'm fully converted to being bald. It's now been almost 4 months since my first complete shave.

Yep, that’s what happens.  :)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
Yes, Jerome, you are hooked. I went through the same thing several times. I always missed the smooth head, then I would see a couple guys with freshly shaved heads and I had what I called bald head envy. Not long before I had to get the razor out and get BBS again.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 06:37:26 PM »
Welcome Jerome..... you are officially A Sly addict.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 06:42:46 AM »
Many of us have done the same thing.  I started shaving when I had a full head of hair, but I knew it was thinning.  About once every year or two, I would let it grow a week or two just to see what was remaining, usually when off work.  This year, due to COVID and not leaving home, I let it grow about 6 weeks.  I had said I was going to let it grow until the barbershops reopened, and then I would get a barber headshave and tip my barber very well to help make up for his lost time at work.  But after the 6 weeks I just could not take it any longer and took the matter into my own hands.  BTW - I have very little hair left on top.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: