Author Topic: Bald Women?  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Bald Women?
« on: July 25, 2020, 07:15:17 PM »
We obviously all love having a smooth head, but how would you react if you had a wife or girlfriend who expressed a desire to shave HER head bald? I've always been a fan of long hair on the ladies, but I've seen a few women who actually do look pretty good shaved! I'm honestly not sure how I would feel.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: Bald Women?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 04:25:58 AM »
It's a good look and is just a different hair style as far as I'm concerned.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 05:21:47 AM »
I know there is alot of stuff on the net about women shaving their heads, but I haven't seen any around here. I thought it might catch on, but it just be a very few willing to try it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 06:29:57 AM »
My sister in law was scheduled for chemotherapy and she was crying because her hair would fall out.  I was thinking that her losing her hair should be the very last thing to worry about but she was all upset.  Well, I told her to let it shine and just be concerned about getting over the cancer.  I told her her hair would grow back after the chemotherapy was done.  She had a cancer module in her left armpit which was removed so it didn't spread.  She ended up wearing one of those scarfs around her head to cover up  her baldness(i didn't understand that).  A woman wearing a scarf on her head is not a good look in my opinion.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »
My sister in law was scheduled for chemotherapy and she was crying because her hair would fall out.  I was thinking that her losing her hair should be the very last thing to worry about but she was all upset.  Well, I told her to let it shine and just be concerned about getting over the cancer.  I told her her hair would grow back after the chemotherapy was done.  She had a cancer module in her left armpit which was removed so it didn't spread.  She ended up wearing one of those scarfs around her head to cover up  her baldness(i didn't understand that).  A woman wearing a scarf on her head is not a good look in my opinion.
I disagree about the scarf look , both are fine , and if it helps the women get through the treatment, why not .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »
I disagree about the scarf look , both are fine , and if it helps the women get through the treatment, why not .
I guess you're right about that!  Anything to make her feel better about herself is fine with me even if I don't understand it.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 03:04:51 AM »
I want to add that my sister is into "big hair".  Man, she has a lot of long, grey hair.  I'm not saying to shave it but please do something with it! 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 07:26:17 AM »
I don't think women will ever embrace wearing a shaved head. Hair is just too important for them. And that's OK, let's keep a bald head an awesome manly hairstyle.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 12:18:54 PM »
Yeah, I know.  For women, it's different then for men.  Men can just buzz it down and no big deal but my daughter paid good money to get her hair straightened and the next morning it was curley and she went mental over it.  I think her hair was fine before she got it straightened but of course, I know nothing.  As for my sister?  I never say anything because it's her hair and I don't really care what she does with it but It would be nice if...Oh, nevermind.  Nothing I say is gonna sound right.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 12:50:08 PM »
Yeah, I know.  For women, it's different then for men.  Men can just buzz it down and no big deal but my daughter paid good money to get her hair straightened and the next morning it was curley and she went mental over it.  I think her hair was fine before she got it straightened but of course, I know nothing.  As for my sister?  I never say anything because it's her hair and I don't really care what she does with it but It would be nice if...Oh, nevermind.  Nothing I say is gonna sound right.

It's very different for women.  Society is more judgemental about women's appearances than men's.  I've never researched it, but I'm sure that women spend far more money on hair care than men. 

There is one strange thing, though.  Women can change their hairstyles and hair colors often and no one questions it.  Men are expected to keep the same hairstyle their entire adult lives and if they change, people ask why. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »
You're right @Laser Man , men tend to stick to one hairstyle. When I was 30, I married a hairstylist. She used me to experiment with different styles. She would go to a training class and then try stuff on me. I was already turning grey, so it was different cuts, colors, perms, etc. When I wanted to try a crew cut or flattop she did not like that!

Well, we definitely are sticking to one style now! It took many years, but I found the absolute best haircut, just never thought I would be getting a haircut every day.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »
You're right @Laser Man , men tend to stick to one hairstyle. When I was 30, I married a hairstylist. She used me to experiment with different styles. She would go to a training class and then try stuff on me. I was already turning grey, so it was different cuts, colors, perms, etc. When I wanted to try a crew cut or flattop she did not like that!

Well, we definitely are sticking to one style now! It took many years, but I found the absolute best haircut, just never thought I would be getting a haircut every day.

When I was just out of college, I had my hair permed a couple times. I liked the curly look, but perms don’t last long and soon I started looking shaggy. I then kept basically the same hairstyle for 30 years except for a time when a substitute barber switched my part to the other side by accident!  Each time I got my haircut, I would joke with the barber that he was making my bald spot bigger. Well, now it’s as big as is humanly possible!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2020, 05:58:26 PM »
It’s funny to look at family pictures.  My wife has had short hair, long hair, permed hair, wavy hair. Mine just basically stayed the same except for it turning grayer as the years went by. When I mentioned shaving my head to my wife, she said, “go for it!” She liked the change and has never once mentioned growing it back. When I mentioned laser treatments, she told me to go for it because she loved how I looked bald!  She’s been so supportive, I have never criticized any choice she’s made on her hairstyle.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 08:21:23 AM »
Yeah, my wife loves my shaven head too! :)  She said it makes me look younger and more manly.  Well, her opinion means the world to me so there's that.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 06:54:08 PM »
For some reason, I find a woman with a shaved head and big hoop earrings somewhat sexy. To me, it exudes confidence, especially if she's willing to sport the look on national TV.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.