Author Topic: is bald a dating disadvantage?  (Read 28528 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: is bald a dating disadvantage?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 05:04:17 PM »
She does need to love me regardless of what hair I have.

That's beautiful, wp  :'(

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 05:38:06 PM »
thanks bro
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 06:43:51 PM »
Let's see: 23 year old male who feels good about himself and takes pride in his awesome bald look is at a disadvantage?  Not to mention he stands out from most of the others in the single pool because of his shaved head, which leads to intrigue and a bit of mystery about him from ladies.  Don't think so.   

It's about being who you are anyways.   If you are yourself, good things will happen.
bald for life

Offline James

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 12:06:55 PM »
yea ever since i started shaving and wearing glasses, i have been getting alot of compliments....and i do agree with whoever said that the girls who only care about hair are superficial...like when i first did it, 2 of my female friends told me i was "no longer cute" and that the one girls boyfriend, who had previously been jealous of our friendship had "absolutely nothing to worry about"....i was just like "ok whatever"...idk but the bald noggin and the fact that im a hairstylist really helps me weed out the girls i wouldnt wanna date....if i hear "eew ur bald", or "i thought all hairstylists were gay" then i know how they are  :/O 

but yea on a side note about the girls liking hair thing...there is a guy i go to school with, and he is OBSESSED with his hair...hes like "all girls like hair" and he seriously acts like his hair is his being, his everything idk really how to explain it...so yea, that makes me feel cooler than him

in fact ever since i started doing this, i dont know why, but i just feel cooler....  O0

thanks for letting me get that out guys!

James

Offline James

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »
O ONE MORE THING.....

so i met this girl last week who came into my work, and ive been talking to her online alot the last week....

so she tells me she likes me and wants to hang out...

"well, your really sweet, and you have that cute shaved head thing going on."   ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »
"well, your really sweet, and you have that cute shaved head thing going on."   ;D

There you go man!!   O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »
Right on James!  O0

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »
My take on that, James, is there are hot chicks..that are fans of just about every hair length.

Look at Heather Locklear and Pam Anderson -- they like the long-hair, rocker, bad boy look.

Then there are the hotties that like the GQ jelled, spikey, medium length hair...

And ya got yer hotties that dig on the bald look....not necessarily ONLY because of the look...but because of what it represents.....individualism....guts....confidence..

'nuff said

Offline James

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2007, 12:40:34 PM »
i see what ur saying there robmeister, and actually that reminded me...

the girl i was talking about said she always liked longer haired guys, she never saw herself liking a bald guy until she met me...

how about that!?  ;D

Offline James

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 12:43:33 PM »
i used to have that GQ medium length super styled hair, but i think i get more girls now than i did then....probably what u said about the individuality, attitude and all that  :)

and i like the girls i get now more....

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
Alrighty then....there ya go O0

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »
I work door at a bar, and I have more girls rubbing my head telling me it's sexy than I did when I had hair... I also get chicks numbers nightly (none of which I use). I'm not sure if it's my personality, the fact I do door and am a bouncer. I've nver been in short supply with girls numbers but i seriously think I get more now than before... maybe cause i've been in a solid relationship for 3 years... i don't know it's all speclation....
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »
I agree with the wisdom of the Robmeister on this.  A woman who is secure and independent herself is not going to care and may even prefer the individualist.  Have been Sly one month now and the lady I'm seeing is the same one who knew with me a full head of hair.  My ex on the other hand freaked when I wore high and tights in the Marines.  I'd much rather be dating someone who jtook me as I was, no changing.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline socctty

• Sly Jr.
  • Finally sly.
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 01:03:58 AM »
I don't really agree with the sentiment that women who don't dig the bald look are superficial. Or rather, I don't agree with it to the extent that some other people tend to.

Like anybody, my previous relationships and other personal experiences have shaped my view of the opposite sex. I used to be the "nice guy", but I admittedly was a bit of a creepy nice guy. I was 16 and naive, so whatever. No shame about anything. Years later I've got a much better grasp on things, I think.

Going bald was a big deal for me, like I'm sure it is for others on this board. And one of the first things that comes to mind is the ladies situation. Six months before I finally admitted to myself that I was losing my hair - that I am truly my father's son, as I like to say it - was the first time someone said something to me about it. Me and my girlfriend at the time were laying in bed, and she half-jokingly said "Are you going bald?" I played it off with a shrug and said "I dunno, I don't care really." She responded with "I don't think I could ever date a bald guy." She must have seen my expression change, because after an uncomfortable silence, she gave a half-hearted "Well, I guess I could." The first girl that I ever cared that much for said that, so it had a profound impact.

That relationship ended dramatically, and I learned a lot. I hope the best for her, but I'm a completely different person now. I no longer put women on a pedestal like I used to; they're people, fer-god's-sake! And that's the basis of my philosophy towards women now: They Are People, Too. So I don't blame them if they don't like a certain look. Hell, I'm not attracted girls that weigh more than me, so who am I to point fingers?

Maybe bald reminds them of a guy who was a dickhead to them at their first job. Or maybe she buys into the social stigma thing - hopefully her best friend dates a sly guy and she sees first hand that sly guys are SLY guys. Women really aren't as superficial as us, but they're conditioned just like we are. Be the guy that changes their mind about bald guys - SLY guys. Take your swings, and if you strike out, you'll get to go to bat again, so don't worry. No one woman is like another, but no one woman is worth you belly-aching over "if only I had some hair".

Someone mentioned a quote from a female co-worker earlier: "Balding, no. Bald, yes." That's perfect.

Confidence is the KEY. And baldness can convey that. Imagine how ballsy it was of you to shave your dome the first time. Remember how liberating it felt? Carry yourself that way at all times! Every day is the first day you shaved your head.

Some women want not only confidence, but boldness. Not all do. But all of them want confidence. They don't want a boy, or a teenager - they want a man.

Confidence isn't being boisterous or being the guy that makes fun of everyone at the table over Christmas dinner. Confidence isn't getting in everyone's face at the bar. Confidence is being yourself and not having a single fucking problem with it. And as for sly guys? You're SLY - BE SLY. If you don't have a problem with being sly, then neither will most other people. And remember - girls (and women) are people, too.

Now, aside from confidence, I hear that a having a nice butt works pretty well, too.
"You can't hate man if you know him."
- John Steinbeck

"A man's life is interesting primarily when he has failed -- I well know. For it's a sign that he tried to surpass himself."
- Georges Clemenceau

"Nothing is more unsightly than a bald man with hair."
- Martial

Slickdome

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2007, 01:40:21 AM »
Now, aside from confidence, I hear that a having a nice butt works pretty well, too.

Oh man, that explains a lot.  All of these years...I thought it was a nice BUS...