Author Topic: The Pandemic  (Read 18217 times)

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: The Pandemic
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 07:18:02 AM »
Well, I definitely didn't like the clean shaved face! I'm 2.5 weeks into growing a full beard, and growing hair. The beard is coming along nicely, and I trimmed my hair into a horseshoe flattop. I still shave the sides and back so I don't break out with the dermatitis issue. I always think I have a military look when I wear the h&t flattop.
It's great you have these options!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »
I am retired so being out of a job doesnt affect me.the main thing I am worried about is me,my wife and you guys staying healthy.so please stay healthy and follow the steps for staying safe from the virus.I live in wisconsin and every thing is the same here as far as staying your distance and the grocery stores.everyone stay safe.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »
Yes, the important thing is for everyone to stay safe by taking the proper precautions. I live in NJ in commuting distance to New York City. Hospitals here are overwhelmed. I worry about our fellow bald guys and their families who are in areas that have yet to see the crest of the virus or are in areas with fewer hospitals. It doesn’t take much to overwhelm the healthcare system.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2020, 03:51:26 PM »
We're in lock down here. All non essential businesses are closed, schools, many public places etc. closed. No travel allowed more than 2km from home unless to work or shop. Police just given extra powers today to deal with ppl who break the rules. I'm working from home 3 weeks now. Its more intense than being at work so I'm drained already. Wife is the same.
Stay safe everyone.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2020, 06:45:53 PM »
In the county just north of mine we’re having trouble getting the African-American community to take this seriously.  and it’s such a shame because the numbers are beginning to show that it’s affecting that community worse than others.   in one place they had hundreds of people holding a “block party” together!  What do they think social distancing is?  And then a few nights ago a group of 70 to 80  youths was holding a rave in downtown Bradenton!  when the police told them to disperse they simply refused!  so now the city has imposed at 8 PM curfew but if no one‘s going to obey, what can you do?  and these young people just laughed and said it’s just a disease is going to wipe out the baby boomers anyway if they’re all going to take it home and spread it farther and farther!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 08:10:53 AM »
thats the problem semi-sly,not too many people take this seriously which means that the good people have to suffer.if everyone does their part it will get better faster and safer for everyone.some people dont care until something bad happens then they say oops and sorry.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 04:04:30 PM »
I've concluded that people are just bad at following rules.  I went to the supermarket this afternoon and the store has put arrows on the floor to direct people up and down the aisles in a one-way orderly fashion so that shoppers can keep a distance.  Despite that, people are wandering around, going the wrong way, etc. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2020, 08:51:00 PM »
I've concluded that people are just bad at following rules.  I went to the supermarket this afternoon and the store has put arrows on the floor to direct people up and down the aisles in a one-way orderly fashion so that shoppers can keep a distance.  Despite that, people are wandering around, going the wrong way, etc.
I was one of those people , did not realize they were there , until almost leaving the store. My mind was on keeping distance, but oblivious otherwise.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2020, 12:35:25 PM »
Well, my beard is coming along nicely, so I clippered off the flattop down to a #2 buzzcut. I shaved the sides and back smooth. A complete headshave is very near!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
No photo @reddog ?
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2020, 07:53:15 PM »
Well I took my own advice and tried a style change.

Reddog and Tony were brave enough to venture out of the "comfort zone"; and Slybeard bave me some encouragement as well.

So I have tried all styles of facial hair from a full beard down to just a soul patch.  So what is your vote?  I will tell you mine at the end.
Full beard:

Goatee and mustache:

Cowboy stache:

Mustache and soul patch with color:

Just the soul patch:

OK, I will "stand by to receive smoke"!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2020, 08:13:25 PM »
Full beard my friend!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline tbelot

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
Very much like you described.  We're one of the more affected cities in Canada probably because of the international travel through here.  Gratefully both daughters are home.  The sustained cold weather (two inches of snow last night) doesn't provide much incentive to get out.  Stay healthy and safe everyone.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2020, 06:04:03 AM »
@Semi-Sly..... I like the mustache with soul patch. It’s more interesting. And I like the look with your tats.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2020, 08:52:30 PM »
@Semi-Sly..... I like the mustache with soul patch. It’s more interesting. And I like the look with your tats.
I actually like just the soul patch the best

my second choice is the cowboy stash with the soul patch in its natural color not colored

I actually have a lot more tats.  one of these days I should post them for you

- my entire back is finished
- my left and right half 
 sleeves are complete and I’ve got a good start on the lower half of the right sleeve
- I also have a good start on the Polynesian Pe’a, but the virus and finances have put a hold on finishing that so far we’ve got the belt and the entire buttocks finished. the front panel is finished - even the really painful part (you can guess what that was).  The center panels of the front thighs are done.  but we still have to finish off the front and the mid-thigh area. I am not going to take my Pe’a all the way down to the knees