Discussions About Being Bald > 30 Day Rule / Beginners Section

30 day rule for bald by choice?

(1/2) > >>

shave4freedom:
I don't shave my head everyday and I am not naturally bald. Would the 30 day challenge make any difference with someone who is bald by choice?

slybeard:
The 30 day challenge is two fold, it gives you the time to adjust to the new look and it gives you enough practice to learn to shave efficiently.  For some guys, it is instant love and they only need one shave and they are convinced to continue.  Others are shocked to see their smooth head in the mirror, and/or the first shave caused a blood-bath. They need the time.  The idea is to give yourself enough time with it to make an objective decision as to keeping it.

BTW - Welcome to the board.  Your shiny head is looking real good.  Several regular posters here are also bald by choice.  I started that way, but nature has now caught up to me.  Give us some background on yourself and why you have decided to shave your head.

Thathawkguy001:
it took me a day or so to fall in love it was a huge shock even from a short buzzcut. A few hours in I was liking it more and more then I shaved it myself after barber did it and fell in love.

Barbero Pelón:
Looks glossy.

I think the "30 days rule" is more for the people around you,that way they have enough time to get used to seee your smooth head.

Being bald is something that you love or hate immediately.

Semi-Sly:
For me it was not "immediate";  and for the first couple of times I shaved my head I never gave it enough time to "adjust" and so I "reacted" instead of making a reasoned "decision"

The 30 day rule gave my brain time enough to adjust to seeing the shaved me as just being "me" and so I could make a reasoned decision of whether or not I felt that the style suited me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version