Author Topic: 30 day rule for bald by choice?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline shave4freedom

• Learning the way of Sly
30 day rule for bald by choice?
« on: March 11, 2020, 11:43:07 AM »
I don't shave my head everyday and I am not naturally bald. Would the 30 day challenge make any difference with someone who is bald by choice?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: 30 day rule for bald by choice?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 12:37:38 PM »
The 30 day challenge is two fold, it gives you the time to adjust to the new look and it gives you enough practice to learn to shave efficiently.  For some guys, it is instant love and they only need one shave and they are convinced to continue.  Others are shocked to see their smooth head in the mirror, and/or the first shave caused a blood-bath. They need the time.  The idea is to give yourself enough time with it to make an objective decision as to keeping it.

BTW - Welcome to the board.  Your shiny head is looking real good.  Several regular posters here are also bald by choice.  I started that way, but nature has now caught up to me.  Give us some background on yourself and why you have decided to shave your head.
SlyBeard

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 04:06:36 PM »
it took me a day or so to fall in love it was a huge shock even from a short buzzcut. A few hours in I was liking it more and more then I shaved it myself after barber did it and fell in love.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 09:02:22 PM »
Looks glossy.

I think the "30 days rule" is more for the people around you,that way they have enough time to get used to seee your smooth head.

Being bald is something that you love or hate immediately.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »
For me it was not "immediate";  and for the first couple of times I shaved my head I never gave it enough time to "adjust" and so I "reacted" instead of making a reasoned "decision"

The 30 day rule gave my brain time enough to adjust to seeing the shaved me as just being "me" and so I could make a reasoned decision of whether or not I felt that the style suited me.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 03:49:34 AM »
Welcome! In my opinion, there is no restrictions on the 30 day rule....most guys don't even need 30 days to know that they want to stay sly.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 04:39:13 PM »
Exactly, 30 days gives you and family/friends time to adjust to your new look.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:15:40 PM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 08:26:48 PM »
When I first started shaving, I was self conscious. But with time my confidence grew. Now I hardly give it any thought.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 12:23:24 PM »
it took me a day or so to fall in love it was a huge shock even from a short buzzcut.

That is so true! Even when you buzz short, taking the razor to your head is a big transformation. I think it’s the power of the shiny dome!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 01:01:08 PM »
As the other guys have said, the 30 days gives time for you, your friends, family and coworkers to adjust and to develop your shaving prowess. It’s not a hard and fast rule.

One thing you will find is that during the 30 days, people stop asking questions about why you shaved your head. They move on with their busy lives and your new hair style is no longer a topic of discussion.

Enter your email address: