Author Topic: First time going sly, opinions welcomed  (Read 10427 times)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: First time going sly, opinions welcomed
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 07:49:45 PM »
Much better.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 10:38:53 PM »
 I am a barber and in my professional opinion you look much much much better.  The  thin scraps were like a neon sign advertising how thin your hair had become.

I will also say that in my opinion you’re going to look better with a cleanly razor shaven head than you do with the buzz cut.   You are going too look like you “own it”. It will make you look cleaner and healthier.

But all of that said, in the end, my my opinion doesn’t mean anything!   like the guys above said; it’s how YOU FEEL
that’s really important !

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 10:03:32 AM »
I always encourage people to keep their hair as long as they're comfortable with it and it looks good, when your case I think you made a good choice as you look much younger and more confident and you look happy so I think you made a great choice then good luck
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline Grimgor Ironhide

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 05:52:20 AM »
100% looks better shaved, it even makes you look younger.

Props to you for giving it a try, mate.
"I'm gonna stomp 'em to dust. I'm gonna grind their bones. I'm gonna pile 'em up inna big fire and roast 'em. I'm gonna bash 'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An' den I'm gonna get really mean."

-Grimgor Ironhide

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 11:36:51 AM »
It's working! 👍
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 12:43:28 AM »
Every time this post comes up my thoughts are the same. So . . . .

holy sh*t dude you needed that self-intervention. F'ing MAJOR improvement. From downcast hair to STUD! well done

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 11:27:02 PM »
To quote Chris:  Hell yes. 100 times better, buzzed.  dont' mean to criticize ya, but your long/thin crop was doing you no favors.

Man were you looking scrappy!  Now you look HAPPY!  Best decision you have ever made!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 10:36:24 PM »
To quote Chris:  Hell yes. 100 times better, buzzed.  dont' mean to criticize ya, but your long/thin crop was doing you no favors.

Man were you looking scrappy!  Now you look HAPPY!  Best decision you have ever made!
tell you what . . . . this guy WINS the transformation of the YEAR award.

kind of makes me happy that HE looks happy. well done.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »
 One of the really cool things about is that you say you always had a big “forehead” .........  once you shave your head with a razor is that you don’t have any “forehead” at all anymore.   it all just becomes part of your very nicely shaped head that you don’t worry about that ever again !!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2019, 09:25:20 PM »
One of the really cool things about is that you say you always had a big “forehead” .........  once you shave your head with a razor is that you don’t have any “forehead” at all anymore.   it all just becomes part of your very nicely shaped head that you don’t worry about that ever again !!
way back when, i would be miserable if anyone told me I had a big forehead. don't have THAT issue anymore. haha

Offline dannytiger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2019, 10:32:48 AM »
Great goatee, looks much better with a shaved head! Congrats!