Author Topic: Do You Wear Makeup?  (Read 1676 times)

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
Do You Wear Makeup?
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:13:27 PM »
This isn't a topic that I hear very men discuss...especially heterosexual men. I've been seeing a lot of ads on my Instagram feed for a product called "War Paint for Men." It is makeup marketed towards men.

I love having a shaved/bald head but I am sick and tired of customers coming up to me going "Why's your head so shiny?" or my coworkers telling me how many customers commented to them that my head is shiny. Heck, even kids go, "It's so shiny." I literally hear it a minimum of several times a day every work day. No moisturizer I use stops the shine and I haven't had much success with HeadLube Matte.

I googled "How to stop bald head from being so shiny" and something that appeared was using a loose matte powder, in other words makeup. I had a coworker help me pick out the shade, it's a little darker and makes me look tanned so I tried applying it to my face as well. I got the pressed powder instead of the loose powder. I got CoverGirl Clean Matte.

What do you think? Have any of you ever tried using makeup in your day to day life?

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: Do You Wear Makeup?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:56:12 PM »
I don't have that problem. Love my shiny bald head 😎💡

Is a compliment to me actually,when someone says that is shiny. Matter of taste I guess
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:00:30 PM by Tony Dadá »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:13:21 AM »
Never tried it probably never will.  Like @Tony Dadá I like my head shiny.  I also consider shiny comments as a compliment.

But if that is how you want it, go for it.  I have no issue with a guy or girl using any product to improve their looks.  The celebrities do it all the time.  I dye my beard because I think it looks better, really not much different than using make-up.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:20:04 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 10:06:13 AM »
I dye my beard too @slybeard,it looks ticker and cover my gray hairs. You're right,is not very different than using make-up...

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »
This isn't a topic that I hear very men discuss...especially heterosexual men. I've been seeing a lot of ads on my Instagram feed for a product called "War Paint for Men." It is makeup marketed towards men.

I love having a shaved/bald head but I am sick and tired of customers coming up to me going "Why's your head so shiny?" or my coworkers telling me how many customers commented to them that my head is shiny. Heck, even kids go, "It's so shiny." I literally hear it a minimum of several times a day every work day. No moisturizer I use stops the shine and I haven't had much success with  Matte.

I googled "How to stop bald head from being so shiny" and something that appeared was using a loose matte powder, in other words makeup. I had a coworker help me pick out the shade, it's a little darker and makes me look tanned so I tried applying it to my face as well. I got the pressed powder instead of the loose powder. I got CoverGirl Clean Matte.

What do you think? Have any of you ever tried using makeup in your day to day life?

that's interesting because I LOVE a shine on mine although I have no hair at all on top, just skin,.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 05:22:36 AM »
Men's makeup has been used on and off over the centuries. In France, I have seen men doing it for decades. It's HUGE in S. Korea where body dysmorphia is sadly becoming a very destructive part of the culture.

It is now also becoming popular in Iran.